Archived: RSI Divergence Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BenTen I'm new to this site and before I ask my question I want to thank you and the others that contribute, this site is a godsend!

I've been looking for a SCAN like this for years but to no avail. I was able to successfully copy & paste code into studies however I was not able to utilize it for scan purposes even after following the directions contained within regarding manually entering "RSI_With_Divergence" from drop down. There is no such option. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

@BenTen I'm new to this site and before I ask my question I want to thank you and the others that contribute, this site is a godsend!

I've been looking for a SCAN like this for years but to no avail. I was able to successfully copy & paste code into studies however I was not able to utilize it for scan purposes even after following the directions contained within regarding manually entering "RSI_With_Divergence" from drop down. There is no such option. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!
Yep, im on the same boat brotha
Darn thing will not spit out any tickers when i scan

be sure to let me know if you ever figure it out...

@mashume would you please be kind enough to help us out? We wan to get an intraday, dynamic watchlist that will alert us when a divergence has been found in a particular basket of stocks? This would be helpful because divergences on the 1 minute chart occur fast and it would be difficult to find them manually and still be able to take advantage of them.

@mashume would you please be kind enough to help us out? We wan to get an intraday, dynamic watchlist that will alert us when a divergence has been found in a particular basket of stocks? This would be helpful because divergences on the 1 minute chart occur fast and it would be difficult to find them manually and still be able to take advantage of them.

I'll look into it.

Do you have an example of a basket of stocks in which a divergence happened? or a basket you wish to examine for divergences?

-mashume

stock_name daily_divergent 30Minutes_divergent 15minutes_divergent 5minutes_divergenct 1minutes_divergent

SRNE (RED FOR TOP) NONE (GREEN FOR BOTTOM) (GREEN FOR BOTTOM)

really appreciate if you could make a watch list like this, or add some alert to remind us, or make a scan so we can use to find out some stock is under divergent.

I'll look into it.

Do you have an example of a basket of stocks in which a divergence happened? or a basket you wish to examine for divergences?

-mashume
Thank you for taking the time to look into it, sir.
The core of my strategy revolves around entering bounces (reversals) off key levels. These key levels are derived from a weekly volume profile (whether that is the Point of Controls or large spikes of volume at a specific price). The levels are not enough by themselves. That is why I utilize RSI divergence (1 minute, 2 minute, 3 minute, 5 minute and 15 minute RSI) as confluence ALONG with volumetric levels. This is a proven strategy that works for scalping. The only issue is that I have a basket of 20 stocks and that I watch and its super difficult to be constantly looking for setups (having an indicator that uses set parameters to output results would be a game-changer since I find myself missing many setups [there is a very small window to catch these reversals with your eye])
Once again, thank you. Just ask if you need any clarification.

I'll look into it.

-mashume
plot scan = pivotLow is true within 2 bars then 1 else 0
I tried slapping this at the end of the indicator but it doesn't work ;(

I'll look into it.

-mashume

Code:
input souce = 50;

plot scan = high is greater than or equal to Highest("data" = HIGH, "length" = souce) and RSI()."RSI" is less than Highest("data" = RSI()."RSI", "length" = souce);

here is what i got, i know its super basic but nothing else seems to work ;(

plot scan= pivotLow is true within 1 bar;

plot scan1= PlotHline is true within 1 bar;

@mashume i also added this to the end of the RSI indicator by MOBIUS from this thread, still no luck

All I am looking for is an RSI divergence indicator that does the following...

1. Plots the first bar that breaks the High/Low of the previous Overbought/Oversold High/Low. This close must be outside Overbought or Oversold parameters.
2. Keeps the signals on the indicator the test back.

Does anyone know a simple code for this? The RSI divergence on this site does not identify outside overbought and oversold or keep signals to test back.

Thank you in advnace!

hello,

need a little help, I want to add a white dashed line on this RSI script going through the 50 (a dashed line in the middle between 70 & 30 levels).

All I am looking for is an RSI divergence indicator that does the following...

1. Plots the first bar that breaks the High/Low of the previous Overbought/Oversold High/Low. This close must be outside Overbought or Oversold parameters.
2. Keeps the signals on the indicator the test back.

Does anyone know a simple code for this? The RSI divergence on this site does not identify outside overbought and oversold or keep signals to test back.

Thank you in advnace!

and the signal is repaint

I'm trying to create an indicator that plots the real divergence. So when a peak is formed in the RSI and the price action. I can have both changes ratio's plotted for a visualization of the ACTUAL divergence, and not a plot of RSI attempting to find higher highs, lower lows, etc.

I have spent days failing at making this, so any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

@Necrosway You're better off identifying these "real" divergences yourself. I don't think there is a way to put it into an indicator.

I'm trying to create an indicator that plots the real divergence. So when a peak is formed in the RSI and the price action. I can have both changes ratio's plotted for a visualization of the ACTUAL divergence, and not a plot of RSI attempting to find higher highs, lower lows, etc.

I have spent days failing at making this, so any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your time.
I have found, over the years, that sometimes our "fuzzy logic" can't be written into code effectively enough to be advantageous... And if you think it's tough today, take a minute to contemplate how difficult it was 30 years ago when there was no internet or realtime charting... I used to do periodic data dumps throughout the day from DOS based trading software, from a $500/month satellite data feed, and ran it through my own algorithm's and then charted using a spreadsheet program... Day trading was done by the seat of your ****s and most trading was swing or long term trades...

@rad14733 @BenTen I appreciate the feedback guys. I get what your saying about the fuzzy logic, I know its not something I can say for sure is quantifiable, but if RSI divergences can be stronger or weaker at times I just assumed it could be made into a single line measuring "divergence strength". Either way, I can't prove it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.