RSI Divergence Indicator with Scanner for ThinkorSwim

D

depechemode

I'll look into it.

Do you have an example of a basket of stocks in which a divergence happened? or a basket you wish to examine for divergences?

-mashume

Code:
input souce = 50;

plot scan = high is greater than or equal to Highest("data" = HIGH, "length" = souce) and RSI()."RSI" is less than Highest("data" = RSI()."RSI", "length" = souce);

here is what i got, i know its super basic but nothing else seems to work ;(

D

depechemode

plot scan= pivotLow is true within 1 bar;

plot scan1= PlotHline is true within 1 bar;

@mashume i also added this to the end of the RSI indicator by MOBIUS from this thread, still no luck

S

Shmandull

All I am looking for is an RSI divergence indicator that does the following...

1. Plots the first bar that breaks the High/Low of the previous Overbought/Oversold High/Low. This close must be outside Overbought or Oversold parameters.
2. Keeps the signals on the indicator the test back.

Does anyone know a simple code for this? The RSI divergence on this site does not identify outside overbought and oversold or keep signals to test back.

Thank you in advnace!

W

will1285

hello,

need a little help, I want to add a white dashed line on this RSI script going through the 50 (a dashed line in the middle between 70 & 30 levels).

K

kelvin

VIP
All I am looking for is an RSI divergence indicator that does the following...

1. Plots the first bar that breaks the High/Low of the previous Overbought/Oversold High/Low. This close must be outside Overbought or Oversold parameters.
2. Keeps the signals on the indicator the test back.

Does anyone know a simple code for this? The RSI divergence on this site does not identify outside overbought and oversold or keep signals to test back.

Thank you in advnace!

and the signal is repaint

Necrosway

Necrosway

I'm trying to create an indicator that plots the real divergence. So when a peak is formed in the RSI and the price action. I can have both changes ratio's plotted for a visualization of the ACTUAL divergence, and not a plot of RSI attempting to find higher highs, lower lows, etc.

I have spent days failing at making this, so any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Necrosway You're better off identifying these "real" divergences yourself. I don't think there is a way to put it into an indicator.

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
I'm trying to create an indicator that plots the real divergence. So when a peak is formed in the RSI and the price action. I can have both changes ratio's plotted for a visualization of the ACTUAL divergence, and not a plot of RSI attempting to find higher highs, lower lows, etc.

I have spent days failing at making this, so any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your time.
I have found, over the years, that sometimes our "fuzzy logic" can't be written into code effectively enough to be advantageous... And if you think it's tough today, take a minute to contemplate how difficult it was 30 years ago when there was no internet or realtime charting... I used to do periodic data dumps throughout the day from DOS based trading software, from a $500/month satellite data feed, and ran it through my own algorithm's and then charted using a spreadsheet program... Day trading was done by the seat of your pants and most trading was swing or long term trades...

Necrosway

Necrosway

@rad14733 @BenTen I appreciate the feedback guys. I get what your saying about the fuzzy logic, I know its not something I can say for sure is quantifiable, but if RSI divergences can be stronger or weaker at times I just assumed it could be made into a single line measuring "divergence strength". Either way, I can't prove it

Y

Yung954

@Necrosway You're better off identifying these "real" divergences yourself. I don't think there is a way to put it into an indicator.
The scanner isn’t showing anything on my screen

Chuck

Chuck

http://tos.mx/O4xYrbX

Ty using some of the divergence indicators on this grid. I would be nice if after the divergence is indicated it would plot a line under or above the relevant candles. That is where you enter with confirmation. At least that is a good practice.

S

sobiswas

VIP
@BenTen Is there a way to make this into a watchlist column to indicate red or green when the signals are generated? Sorry if this has been asked before