Poor Performance Recently in ToS, anyone else?

I've noticed recently, specifically this past Friday and today at the open I placed trades right after the opening bell and the system got super laggy. It was pretty bad that it did not honor my stop order Friday and I took a decent loss. Hey it happens but that is why I use hard stops to prevent those.

It happened again today where I placed an order 9:33 am and noticed I never got a fill, but a few minutes later I see in my active trader the fill occurred. I did contact support Friday and again today. Spoke to 3 people, one did not know, second said they were having some issues Friday AM but was resolved, and then today said it was my internet/ping to their server (I am hard wired on a fast business network).

Has anyone else had issues in ToS? Is there something that I can do as it is a bit frustrating.

@codydog, OMG, the alerts! Glad you finally got them to stop. A couple weeks ago I made the mistake of setting up text alerts. Nothing happened at first. Then a day later I got about 50 delivered at the same time. So I cancelled the alerts but they didn't stop. I had to delete the workspace and remove the study from TOS.

so I talked to support and they had me delete a folder that gets built up and will slow things down after a while. Delete "USERGUI" file on my computer this sped up TOS, support said that they do this every month since TOS went to no fee trading.
just delete the whole folder.

right click the desktop icon and go to properties, then go to shortcut, open file location, and then scroll around the files and fine that USERGUI folder, right click and delete.

then open TOS back up. Might take a few minutes while it updates but it should run much faster after.

the support guy said he deletes his several times a month to keep things running smooth. Its like a folder that stores short term information. And it just get clogged up after a while.

seemed to really speed things up for me while using TOS

@westgl -- a while ago, a tos user who's been around a while, told me to also go into tos directory and delete any error file, which i think end in '.err '
- i have no idea if this is a good idea or not, but i've done it whenever i see one and it seems to help

on a positive note, this week i only had 1 freeze up on monday and had some good fills before 9.45 and after 3.45 - so maybe last weeks update did something helpful. We'll see.

Anyone experiencing major CPU usage from the Swing Arm charts? My CPU on TOS the first time installing the charts is 50%, with my fan in overdrive!

my PC has 8GB DDR3 Intel Core i5 6MB cache 1TB HD. I have been using Ninjatrader for years with no issue no matter how many charts or indicators. Did a google search and apparently this is a common problem with TOS

Anyone experiencing major CPU usage from the Swing Arm charts? My CPU on TOS the first time installing the charts is 50%, with my fan in overdrive!
@Devo, I don't trade that strat but loaded it in TOS to take a look a while back. A single chart ate up a ton of resources. A grid of swing arms sent my fan into overdrive too.

This week I transitioned to TS and am loving it so far.

I run on 2 gaming rigs that are mine temporarily during the quarantine. Yesterday, both computers would freeze-up if I attempted to enter a conditional order or alert. I would have to alt-ctrl-del to kill TOS and then restart the app. Ughhh..

I attempted to call support but the estimated wait time was over an hour. Given that the problem was on two different desktops; I "assumed" the problem was on TOS's end.

I was desperate to enter my orders and I was neurotic that I had to keep an eye on my whole portfolio because I couldn't set up any alerts.
I finally booted up my laptop. Didn't have any hope that the results would be different. But, WaaaLaaa... The laptop worked faultlessly while the I9 processors w/ 32gig of ram and dedicated graphics were bricks.

End result: I uninstalled and re-installed TOS on both desk stations. And everything ran sooooooo much better today. I didn't lose anything by uninstalling because your studies, grids, charts are all saved on TOS servers. All I lost was my workspace:

a5OhrKU.jpg

Never say, I have too many charts or indicators, LOL

Lol - TOS tech support looked at my setup today (Swing Arm) and said "too many indicators on too many detached grids". I have used EVERY charting program imaginable and have only had issues on TOS.

@Devo You may want to clean up your chart setup a bit. What I would do is remove everything and re-import the only setup that I'm using. This should be able to speed things up for sure.

Don`t know if this was answered above already, but here it goes: When logging into TOS (where you enter your password), there is a COG wheel on the lower left and you can adjust the amount of memory you allow TOS to use from your computer. Select whichever number pleases you and you should see a difference in performance... I just found out about this recently... Hope it helps.

@Devo You may want to clean up your chart setup a bit. What I would do is remove everything and re-import the only setup that I'm using. This should be able to speed things up for sure.
I just have the Swing Arm charts which were updated the other day - is that the setup you are using? I have other custom indicators but they're just on my indicator list and not on any active charts

Anybody else have any of their ThinkScript code break on the latest update? I have many scripts not working now. Most of them involve showing a label or calculating current position. Is there a deprecation log somewhere?

Any one getting "waiting for data" and license agreements pop ups
I had to answer the agreement once but haven't had other issues aside from some minor lag this past week but it may partly be due to some study testing I was doing...

One thing I did notice was that several of my trades were actually instantaneous which surprised me... I always wondered why the traders in videos, using other platforms, were having orders filled instantly while even my Market Orders lagged... This week orders seemed to process much more responsively and processed as soon as I clicked on an order button or clicked on a price in Active Trader... The only time I'd seen TOS process orders that fast previously was in OnDemand when that kinda sorta worked...

Is it just me or is things changing at TOS. I don't get support anymore, no one answers the phone like they used too. The OnDemand does not work, and I lost data this morning in a trade that cost me $300. I am not happy with them right now.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.