Poor Performance Recently in ToS, anyone else?

I've noticed recently, specifically this past Friday and today at the open I placed trades right after the opening bell and the system got super laggy. It was pretty bad that it did not honor my stop order Friday and I took a decent loss. Hey it happens but that is why I use hard stops to prevent those.

It happened again today where I placed an order 9:33 am and noticed I never got a fill, but a few minutes later I see in my active trader the fill occurred. I did contact support Friday and again today. Spoke to 3 people, one did not know, second said they were having some issues Friday AM but was resolved, and then today said it was my internet/ping to their server (I am hard wired on a fast business network).

Has anyone else had issues in ToS? Is there something that I can do as it is a bit frustrating.

@traderintheroom, I'm opening a new account myself this afternoon. Maybe Schwab will put some resources into TOS down the road. Or maybe they will stick with their own platform and let TOS continue to deteriorate. There's no way to know. I don't want to hang around waiting to see what Schwab plans to do.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@codydog, it isn't just fills. For me, it's frozen candles. I have to watch the numerical price flash because the candles keep freezing. I haven't seen it when I trade the Euro session but it happens often during the US session, and not just at market open.

@Trader Raider its odd, this is worst service I've seen in 10years. I just spent an hour with tos explaining i didnt get order status notifications and didnt want multiple orders out there and risk getting fills with a larger loss, so i took a loss with a 50 point in nq, when i've never in my lifetime held a loss like that.

I find it very odd what they're saying. When you see on twitter the folks being so upset, I would think tos would smooth things over but they dont seem to want to. I honestly dont get it.

@codydog, it isn't just fills. For me, it's frozen candles. I have to watch the numerical price flash because the candles keep freezing. I haven't seen it when I trade the Euro session but it happens often during the US session, and not just at market open.

Same for me. Price on charts not lining up with the title bar price, level II, watchlist. I also have noticed the 5 min. chart is off vs. the 15/30.

TOS has gotten horrible last 3-4 months, and basically tell you too bad if you don't like it when you contact live support. Trying to figure out where to move cause they just don't care anymore and once again I lose money cause the platform will not work.

@codydog I just posted same, they basically act like they could give 2 shits, amazes me after 10 years with them and a 6 figure account and they just act like whatever.

I agree with the other posters above. TOS execution is getting worse, delayed all the time, support are barely non existence,can you recommend any other platforms, i am thinking to use Tastyworks?

I've been around trading for a long time, after re-reading the service chat, I found it odd tos never tells you their employees full name and what brokerage/finra licenses they hold. I'm going to start asking for that info and see what happens

I lost $925 this morning waiting for my 2 market orders to fill. I had a slight profit when the orders were placed. I tried calling, but the wait time was 20 minutes, which I cannot see how such a long wait is covid related. It took 20+ minutes for my closing orders to fill...now at a loss. I like the platform, but will be moving 1/2 or more of my account to Ninja Trader. I have a friend using Nija, and I can't compete with his speed of execution. He is in & out with a scalp before I'm finished clicking all the confirmation popups and waiting for the fills. -Kevin

I thought it was just me. My candles at times do not advance. If I do not constantly swipe left, you can't be certain you are looking at the most current candle. I messaged support and they said it was because I was zoomed in. No offense, but I have to zoom in enough to read the screen. I'm zoomed in to what I think is a normal font size.

My filled orders screen shows execution time for my market orders. It does not show the time placed. The two orders were in the "orders working" mode for about 20 minutes as I watched the ES climb against my shorts. And while I held for 20 minutes on the phone.

Just requested resolution for my loss. Even their chat messaging response time is much slower than it used to be.

@Trader Raider its odd, this is worst service I've seen in 10years. I just spent an hour with tos explaining i didnt get order status notifications and didnt want multiple orders out there and risk getting fills with a larger loss, so i took a loss with a 50 point in nq, when i've never in my lifetime held a loss like that.

I find it very odd what they're saying. When you see on twitter the folks being so upset, I would think tos would smooth things over but they dont seem to want to. I honestly dont get it.

@codydog, Sorry to hear you took a hit :(

Don't know if it's true, but I keep reading that Schwab's interest in buying TDA was to get the business of money managers who use TDA on behalf of their clients. Haven't read anything that suggests Schwab was interested in increasing their base of retail traders like us who are regular TOS users. Of course I don't know Schwab's intent for making the purchase. I just know that letting a product go down the tubes isn't what you do when you want to retain customers.

This probably isn't an easy time for TDA staff either. They probably wonder about job security, how many branches will close, etc.

@Trader Raider I spoke to schwab today , they seemed interested in having me switch my account over today. I'm just not familiar with their platform and from fcm reports seem to be about a third smaller than tos, if I read the report correctly.

On twitter #thinkorswim there were plenty of folks complaining about 3+ hour waits, some said e-trade picked up after 2 minutes.
Usually the complaints on twitter go away in 30-40 minutes but 8+ hours has spooked me.

Simply don't know what to think .

I use TOS only for charting and to be honest, i havn’t noticed much of a difference in performance lately. Sometimes the charts feel a bit ”laggy” late in the day and then i usually just restart the application and it works good again. Other than that, it works just as usual for me at least.

I use a PC with intel i9, 32gb RAM & 1060 graphics card.

Misery loves company. At least I'm not the only one with latency charting issues. I will NOT use TOS without Tradestation side-by-side. I love TOS indicators for providing S/R zones (thank you Blackflag Jose) and the fills are acceptable, as are the watchlist quotes. Why the charts can't keep up is a mystery. Evidently, Schwab is the Amazon of retail brokers. And that's not a good thing!

This morning I was dumb enough to place another trade w/ tos. At least it was an OCO with a tight stop. After noticing that the price of RTY had not changed in the last minute, I logged out and back in. Turns out RTY had dropped almost 10 points. I only lost 2 points with my stop, but likely would have exited at b/e when the price started idling. Bottomline - I can't trade futures at td anymore.