Poll: What indicators are you guys using?

T

thinky

Can we have a poll kind of thread to check which indicators people are using successfully. Users could add info on how they are using them, plus any insights/experiences.

It helps to have this info in one thread, instead of chasing the info in many threads, never knowing what you missed.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
I've been busy with summer school since last month (but thankfully it will be over after July). I'll be able to get back to day trading again.
  • Trend Reversal Indicator (been using it mostly for scalping)
  • Advanced Market Moves (recently released indicator for VIP members. Done a couple trades here and there with it)
  • Bowl Wrap (unreleased, based on similar concept of AMM. Took 2 lotto trades)
Here are a few messages I received from our members.

i actually took this trade off the reversal signal

There should be more of these messages but I just don't have the time to find them right now. Not to mention the Opening Range Breakout is also another popular one.

VIP
I have recently started using these so will be able to give feedback in a week or so . so far I like the trend reversal , rsi fractal and will be trying advanced market maker this week. Cant wait for you to release bowl wrap . sounds interesting.

J

John808

VIP
I've been using the Opening Range Breakout that ben posted above. I also like to mark off the levels from the wolf waves indicator for some support/resistance levels. Currently testing out the RSI Fractal indicator, advanced market maker, and trend exhaustion indicators. 😁

E

Efadro

VIP
I use trend reversal, super trade reversal and the wave trend oscillator. Just loaded the Opening Range Breakout this evening and will start testing this week.

B

Bill

VIP
New to the group, so I don't have anything as of yet but am curious to see what has been working for those that have been in here a while!

M

mikeyhu70

VIP
Auto Pivot points and 123 Pattern help avoid drawing trend line. And Reversal marker for confirmation.

That Integrate to hurst cycle and elliot wave. (use to draw trend line manually before, this save time)

B

Bluephire1914

VIP
I have been using the advance market moves, Gaussian wave with the thandicator took two small SwingTrades one bullish and bearish that winners - still testing.

markos

markos

VIP
I have been trading for nearly 40 years and yet I am still learning things. My investing style can be called Techno-Fundamentalist a.k.a. CANSLIM.

It is not just the indicator but also the chart type that is important to me.
Whether a person buys with an expectation of holding for years, or they purchase options during expiration week, multiple time frames are important.
  • 5 year-weekly chart uses Candles, ThinkorSwim's built in MOBO Basic w HullMA(20) and a 47 week EMA.
  • 3 year-weekly Bar Chart colored by the Slim Ribbon indicator, the RSI Laguerre w Fractal Energy (FE) and TMO (Time Momentum Oscillator).
  • One year-daily chart uses the Heiken Ashi Candles, Slim Ribbon, RSI Laguerre w FE, and TMO.
  • 30 day-one hour chart Heiken Ashi Candles, Slim Ribbon, RSI Laguerre w FE and Pivots.
  • Last but not least, is a New Hi-New Low chart that tracks the NYSE.
Those are the main pieces anyway…

markos

markos

VIP
Hey @horserider just curious, do we have a common acquaintance named Jeff Roth?

H

horserider

@markos Who is Jeff Roth? Now I need to look that up. Haha Just kidding. The answer is no, I do not know Jeff Roth.

H

horserider

@Shinthus Darn quit asking those hard questions. Think it is Stochastic Momentum Index. Trade crosses above 40 or below -40.