Paid for these myself was curious is anyone could make for tos

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
1. What is this indicator? Where is it coming from?
2. Are you even allowed to share the source code on here? I notice you said you paid for it.

M

Mlentsch0

VIP
came from a guy on ebay.
and pretty sure if I paid to have it I can share it with anyone I'd like, but I could be wrong.. I can take post down if you'd like just figured it would be nice to have community have my contribution.

horserider

horserider

VIP
came from a guy on ebay.
and pretty sure if I paid to have it I can share it with anyone I'd like, but I could be wrong.. I can take post down if you'd like just figured it would be nice to have community have my contribution.
Show a chart, there may be a similiar indicator somone knows

C

codydog

This is gonna be an unpopular post!
When some folks in tos' room started asserting copyright etc I had lunch with an attorney pal who brought along an IP lawyer. Prior to lunch, they looked at tos' terms, the scripts I found with copyright and they said it was a very gray area. They said they see it alot where people read what x or y did and figure its the same for them but usually its not. They would look to see whats exactly new and ask for folks' workpapers etc, and usually folks come to some sort of revenue sharing agreement if its really infringement. Many dont realize that asserting claims where others have legit claims is a big mistake and courts are clogged with this stuff.
As an idea of expense, they said they'd ask for $20,000 retainer just to investigate the claims and try to resolve it. If it continued beyond that, retainer was $100,000.

S

skynetgen

Metatrader code? Not going to be very easy to convert to TOS - cycles and arrays TOS does not have. but might be possible . It is some sort of MultiTimeframe with stochastics confluence and Heikin Ashi thrown in .Would be better if there was some tutorial/chart explaining how it work

Don't really want invest time into it without seeing idea behind it - there are thousands of indicators out there.

Last edited:
M

Mlentsch0

VIP
Show a chart, there may be a similiar indicator somone knows

thank you @BenTen for instructions on how to post images on here

markos

markos

VIP
This is gonna be an unpopular post!
When some folks in tos' room started asserting copyright etc I had lunch with an attorney pal who brought along an IP lawyer. Prior to lunch, they looked at tos' terms, the scripts I found with copyright and they said it was a very gray area. They said they see it alot where people read what x or y did and figure its the same for them but usually its not. They would look to see whats exactly new and ask for folks' workpapers etc, and usually folks come to some sort of revenue sharing agreement if its really infringement. Many dont realize that asserting claims where others have legit claims is a big mistake and courts are clogged with this stuff.
As an idea of expense, they said they'd ask for $20,000 retainer just to investigate the claims and try to resolve it. If it continued beyond that, retainer was $100,000.
Thanks @codydog for bringing this up, this is very important…
I remember Mobius and AlphaInvestor getting rightfully upset about people taking their names out of the Headers and making the indicator their own. They called it Piracy. Usually, if it's someone's intellectual property, they should get recognition for it.

If you change it, you would put #MyName_TheDate at the very least on the row right under their name & last change.
You would also put a change note (#Version 1) right after that so that folks know what you changed for your purposes.

However, if it is a purchased indicator, you ought to have some proof that allows you to post it. I don't think Pete Hahn or RPayne would look favorably upon someone sharing a purchased script that they put work into. At that point, once it is shared, the original author and/or seller of the indicator would lose out on further income which IMO they are entitled to, provided that they alone put the work in on it.

That would be called a proprietary indicator. Some scripts from Theotrade that I have I cannot share with anyone because Mobius made it for Don Kaufman and people in his group, ONLY. If you want one of those, you would have to get it from them. That's the ethical thing to do.

Obviously if it's a label, easily built with help of the manual, like the daily adv/dec number, that is a different story. Thanks again. Markos

C

codydog

@markos - its actually an intellectually curious issue.

Some claim rights to what others may hold - eg, tos may actually own everything related to thinkscript, but they haven't posted their legal views on it. I've seen the same folks who make claims on rights, yet openly swap works by Ehler, Kaufman, Jurik etc and Jurik openly says he'll sue anyone who breaks his blackbox. Havent seen him sue as maybe after legal fees, theres not much gain. The copyright stuff only applies to new stuff, and not many have the math background and codeing ability to create new stuff. Unless you're RenTec but they pay their folks millions and its a cia type operation on LI.

In the end, what the IP guy said was, if your work is original and you're making millions, dont share it - constant innovation is the only key to success. And unless someone is going to end up spending $50,000+ chasing someone, even if you get a judgement, most likely you won't get paid anyway. I got the impression its one of those deals where lawyers make money and nobody else does.

M

Mlentsch0

VIP
I will remove post if I can as it seems to cause issues. Just figured I had a decent set up and liked to share with the group. any who....know better next time. apologies guys

markos

markos

VIP
I will remove post if I can as it seems to cause issues. Just figured I had a decent set up and liked to share with the group. any who....know better next time. apologies guys
@Mlentsch0 Please leave it up. It is the basis of a good discussion. Thank you!

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Mlentsch0 I have seen a few bad actors who repackaged free indicators and list them on eBay. I'm not saying you got scammed, but I thought I should let you know.

M

Mlentsch0

VIP
@Mlentsch0 Please leave it up. It is the basis of a good discussion. Thank you!

would love to leave it up if someone could make it for tos but also @BenTen has a good point, dont want to exploit someones way of making money that was not my intention and never is however I feel like if people would all work together sharing knowledge to beat the SYSTEM we would all be in a better places alot faster :)

markos

markos

VIP
would love to leave it up if someone could make it for tos but also @BenTen has a good point, dont want to exploit someones way of making money that was not my intention and never is however I feel like if people would all work together sharing knowledge to beat the SYSTEM we would all be in a better places alot faster :)
Many here are looking for a system to help them gain edge. This is the right place. Please check this out... It from our Universe of Thinkscript.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...ection|e9bdf730-1b11-4b21-a0ac-c9b80de4af2a/)