Opening Range Breakout Indicator for ThinkorSwim

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Vitesse Sure, in your indicator's setting there is an option called _OR end_ and it's set to _1000.0_. You can reduce or increase it.

For example, the default is 30 min breakout (market open at 9:30 EST). If you decrease the input to 945.0 then it becomes a 15 min opening range breakout. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
S

San

VIP
@BenTen,

How do I see Htarget/Ltarge line for last 10 days. ( Changed setting show today only option set NO)

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@San I don't think you can do that at the moment.

Last edited:
S

San

VIP
BenTen,

Thanks for your reply, Is that possible when you find time can you make script for that one..

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@john3 That's the Supertrend indicator. Already linked it in the original post above.

Last edited:
J

jan_angel

VIP
This is amazing study. Thank you so much for sharing.

Last edited:
H

homestew

VIP
Hi,

I'm wondering what it would take to get this converted so I can use it on a 15-min timeframe? thanks much for the writeup!

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@homestew Try this version here or change the ORBend time.

Last edited:
A

agorena123

I trade ORB and this is fantastic. I'm having the yellow, green and red dashed lines plot ahead of current day. I have the settings as you posted so not sure what may be going wrong.

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@agorena123 Since you have expansion on it might have been some sort of predicting feature. Im not sure.

Last edited:
J

jimjam

@pet76 what strategy do you go with pet76 ?

Last edited:
A

agorena123

@BenTen Yep it was the expansion - thanks! Again, great work here. Really gives me a better visual map to my favorite trading strategy.

Can you let me know the proper settings in the first four time fields to use for oil futures - /CL - and gold futures - /GC - as they have different opening times? Thanks!

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@agorena123 I would love to help but unfortunately I don’t trade futures so I have no idea 😢

Last edited:
S

Shaishen

@agorena123 Not sure if you simply want to know RTH start for CL and GC?

If so you can adjust times in the code I assume

For example RTH (regular trading hours) or open outcry for CL is 9AM to 2:30 pm EST

Also in TOS with Extended TrdHrs on, shaded area will automatically adjust to open / close of the futures symbol you are entering.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
A

agorena123

@Shaishen I adjusted the "or begin" and "or end" times and it looks right. Curious as to what the "or mean s" and "or mean e" inputs are for?

Last edited:
A

agorena123

@agorena123 actually that was not plotting right. I changed the other settings and looks better.

Last edited:
T

thinky

The indicator doesn't look like the image posted, what settings you using? I'd like to have the bullish/bearish zones, not just lines.

The screenshot posted here ..

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
If you're looking for the green and red areas, in the Indicator's settings turn on the option Cloud @thinky

T

thinky

Got the clouds option working, but how can I change the transparency because is really hard to notice them (too transparent).

Last edited: