$NYAD Cumulative in ToS?

tin

Hi,
Does anyone knows how to plot in TOS something similar to $nyad (cumulative) in Stockcharts.com. NYAD in stockcharts is $Add in TOS. I just want to know how to make it cumulative so I get the same result as in stockcharts. AdvanceDeclineCumulativeAvg study in TOS is not the same.

Mike

Regardless of the look-back period/numeric output value, the TOS chart conveys the same message as the StockCharts.com chart i.e. they look identical. Create a chart in TOS and StockCharts.com using the same parameters (NYA and Cumulative ADLine with 20 Day SMA's) and view a side by side comparison.

All the best, Mike

tin

Thank you, Mike. So I checked and they are identical except the numbers don't match. Is there anyway to customize the the length of sma of the CumulativeADLine in ToS?

Mike

You're welcome, Tin. With regard to customizing the length of the SMA, go to studies -> edit studies -> AdvanceDeclineCumulativeAvg, click on gear (far right icon) -> Inputs and Options, and change the default length from 252 to the length you desire.

tin

It serves the purpose. Not sure why changing the sma length changes the AD values, but either way, it still gives similar data. Thank you for your help.