Need help with Squeeze Pro indicator in ThinkorSwim

C

Cooper08

Hello everyone, I'm new here. Currently i am using TOS and have a watchlist set up using the TTM Squeeze indicator as a study across several time frames. I've seen the code on this site as well. It is great!

I recently purchased the squeeze pro indicator and scan. My question is has anyone done the thinkscript on the new Pro Squeeze indicator to allow the same application to a watchlist? It would be great to see the low compression squeeze, Black dot, versus the standard squeeze across several time frames.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Cooper08 Looks like you have a question about a premium product that you purchased elsewhere. I would advise that you reach out to their support team and get assisted as we do not have access to the code to help.

C

Cooper08

@Cooper08 Looks like you have a question about a premium product that you purchased elsewhere. I would advise that you reach out to their support team and get assisted as we do not have access to the code to help.

Will do, thank you

C

cherif

@Cooper08 , how is the ttm squeeze pro working comparing to the original one ,and does it catch big moves ?

M

Miket

Plot the Keltner and Bollinger on the same chart. When the Bollinger falls inside keltner you have a squeeze. Add a momentum oscillator to confirm.

C

cherif

Plot the Keltner and Bollinger on the same chart. When the Bollinger falls inside keltner you have a squeeze. Add a momentum oscillator to confirm.
yes, i know that is a combination of kc and bb. but what is so great about the new ttm squeeze pro and what makes it catching more moves than the original one?

T

tomsk

VIP
@cherif Here's how I understand it. The standard TOS TTM Squeeze generally defines a squeeze as

BollingerBands()."UpperBand" < KeltnerChannel()."Upper_Band"

It appears that in the Squeeze Pro version, they use this base formula and from there defined three math relationships utilizing different factor in the Keltner Channel computation. That's the way I understand it after a friend who bought that indicator explained that to me.

However as @BenTen said in post #2, probably best to reach out to the vendor as this is a commercial product

Last edited:
C

cherif

@cherif Here's how I understand it. The standard TOS TTM Squeeze generally defines a squeeze as

BollingerBands()."UpperBand" < KeltnerChannel()."Upper_Band"

It appears that in the Squeeze Pro version, they use this base formula and from there defined three math relationships utilizing different factor in the Keltner Channel computation. That's the way I understand it after a friend who bought that indicator explained that to me.

However as @BenTen said in post #2, probably best to reach out to the vendor as this is a commercial product
Thank you. I am no longer a fan of the ttm squeeze b/c it has a major flaw of delaying a signal of price breakout. So i am just gonna assume that the pro version has the same flaw. Thanks again for clarifying