How can we use hourly and daily data in minute chart?

K

kaflesu

Hi All,
I am new to this script. i am trying to create a filter that will look into the daily and hourly chart and give the breakpoint/ trends infor, even if you are watching the minute chart. Can anyone guide me on how can I do that?

G

GimmickFace

• I use the below indicator on my 1min chart with an up arrow on the 1 min crossover.
  • Is there a way to add a second arrow on the same 1min chart for when the crossover happens on the 2min chart? (So I can see the 2min crossover on the 1min chart instead of having a second 2 min chart open on my screen)
Any help is appreciated. It may be an easier answer but I'm not familiar with how to do it. Thank you all.

MovAvgExponential("length" = 5)."AvgExp" crosses above BollingerBands("average type" = "EXPONENTIAL")."MidLine"

horserider

horserider

VIP
@GimmickFace Here are the plots. Check to see if that fits what you want. No arrows as I do not favor most arrows. Can be added if needed.

Code:
# Combination of BollingerBands BandpassFilter midline polt with ExpMA of one minute and 2 minutes. Only use on 1 minute chart.
# Horserider coded from request by Gimmickface

# BollingerBands band midline plot

input pricebb = close;
input displacebb = 0;
input lengthbb = 20;

input averageTypebb = AverageType.SIMPLE;

plot MidLine = MovingAverage(averageTypebb, data = pricebb[-displacebb], length = lengthbb);

MidLine.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(7));

# Chart period ExpMA Inertia this case 1 minute
input price = close;
input length = 5;
input displace = 0;
plot SMA = movAvgExponential( price[-displace], length);

SMA.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));
SMA.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE);

# 2 Minute ExpMA

input price2 = FundamentalType.CLOSE;
input aggregationPeriod = AggregationPeriod.TWO_MIN;
input length2 = 5;
input displace2 = 0;
input showOnlyLastPeriod = no;

plot DailySMA;

if showOnlyLastPeriod and !IsNaN(close(period = aggregationPeriod)[-1]) {
    DailySMA = Double.NaN;
} else {
    DailySMA = movAvgExponential(fundamental(price2, period = aggregationPeriod)[-displace2], length2);
}

DailySMA.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(2));
DailySMA.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE);

G

GimmickFace

@horserider thank you! Perfect, exactly what I needed! I started visiting this site last month and I am very grateful for all of you that help everyone.