Hidden MACD Divergence Indicator for ThinkorSwim (Bullish / Bearish Signals)

E

ezrollin

It just shows that blue line at the bottom?
I really want to start watching out for hidden divergences though.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@ezrollin Create a plain new chart and add the indicator again. See if the error is there or is it because of something else.

E

ezrollin

Its still there. I think theres just something wrong with my system and I should just reset the whole damn thing

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@ezrollin I see the issue now. Go to that specific indicator's setting and then untick "Show Plot" for the Diff option.

M

mrmac

VIP
@ezrollin I see the issue now. Go to that specific indicator's setting and then untick "Show Plot" for the Diff option.

Hi @BenTen This fixed one of the problems I was seeing, thank you but I still do not seem to get any arrows in any direction generated.
I am mostly looking at lower time frames (1m, 5m, 15m etc) and FX pairs - should I be seeing results at these timeframes?
I've not touched any of the other settings at all. Thank you

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@mrmac Are you seeing any signals on the higher timeframe?

M

mrmac

VIP
@mrmac Are you seeing any signals on the higher timeframe?
@BenTen - should have tried this earlier, I changed the MACD settings to 20, 50, 26 just to see if I could see anything and I now see some pink and green on the 15min charts. I'll need to research more appropriate settings for scalping lower timeframes.

A

alphabeta

i too tried the divergence with IWM. It works quite well and i was able to simulate the buy/sell point on paper trade. I've actually entered a buy order at the last 5 minutes as it shows a double bottom. looking for another nice gap up tomorrow.
hi can you please tell me what is meaing of IWM thaank you!

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@alphabeta IWM is the ticker symbol for the iShares Russell 2000 Index.

C

Cookies

2019 Donor
@BenTen , Does this one spot only hidden divergences?

N

Nick

2019 Donor
VIP

Hi, may i know where can i find the quote for this indicator? those scripts in the previous doesnt seem to have this setting. Thank you

N

Nick

2019 Donor
VIP
Thank you but this indicator does not have the same plots setting as shown by ezrollin in his post.

T

Tom4235

@Ace_Trader Try the older version. I'm not liking this one that much. Do know that the divergence will be delayed by 2 bars due to confirmation.
Any way around this Ben? I set parameter to 1 bar for divergence alert and (as you mentioned) takes + 2 bar to confirm.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Nick It is the same as the one in the original thread.

D

DPM

Hi
I backtested the 2 MACD div indicators I found on the site and was wondering if there is a newer or updated version.

Thanks

E

ezrollin

Just trying to create a scan that finds higher MACD momentum trends.
Very simple but havent spent time looking into it and dont know what I'm doing! lol
Can I get some help?
Thanks!
Code:
input fastLength = 12;
input slowLength = 26;
input MACDLength = 9;
input averageType = AverageType.EXPONENTIAL;
plot Value = MovingAverage(averageType, close, fastLength) - MovingAverage(averageType, close, slowLength);
plot Avg = MovingAverage(averageType, Value, MACDLength);
plot Diff = Value - Avg;

def highermomentum = 1;
def lowermomentum = 2;

plot Momentum = if Diff < Diff[5] < Diff[10] < Diff[30] < Diff[50] < Diff[100] then highermomentum else LowerMomentum;

Last edited:
G

Ginu09

This is brilliant but more for finding support areas. Not sure how it has anything to do with MACD divergence from what I see on my screen

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J MACD alert question Questions 5
I MACD scan question Questions 0
I MACD scan question Questions 2
D Alerts for breakout signals on MA, MACD, Stochastics? Questions 0
P Remove cloud from MACD custom indicator Questions 1