Here are some of the indicators I use every day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I'm watching BA all morning and the pattern I've been expecting just formed on my 5 min chart with a target of 169.34 see if it holds.

Thanks @J007RMC for sharing this nice setup !

How can I get scan for FVO_RAF with fishUPCIUp for 1 min timeframe, seems it works for only 15m and above?

You can use 2000t for trading waves but I believe because ticks are based on contracts sold it may put you on wave count behind time although I prefer ticks over time. Plus this fisher stochastic works on ticks

Thanks @J007RMC for sharing this nice setup !

How can I get scan for FVO_RAF with fishUPCIUp for 1 min timeframe, seems it works for only 15m and above?
Here you go:
(This is a cleaned up version; also includes volume spike dots on the candles; you can disable that if you don't like it.)
(Also be cautious, it is extremely noisy on the 1m)

Code:
# FVO_Fisher_CCI_Combo
# Recycled Indicators - combined by @cos251
# 2020.10.01    -    The script will calculate then FisherTransform and CCI in combinationto generate signals
#                    indicating possible trend.  The signals alone are not buy or sell signals but only a
#                    combination of two indicators to provide indication or trend as they relate to the two
#                    indicators mentioned.

# Signals            GREEN UP ARROW - FT crossed above FTOneBarBack and CCI has crossed above +100
#                    DARK_GREEN UP ARROW - FT crossed above FTOneBarBack and CCI > CCI[1]
#                    RED DOWN ARROW - FT crossed below FTOneBarBack and CCI has crossed below -100
#                    DARK_RED DOWN ARROW - FT crossed below FTOneBarBack and CCI < CCI[1]
###############################################################################################################

declare upper;

#### Fisher Transform Inputs
input length = 10;
input volumeFastLength = 1;
input volumeSlowLength = 20;
input volumeOscThreshold = 0.5;

###### CCI Inputs
input lengthCCI = 14;
input over_sold = -100;
input over_bought = 100;
input showBreakoutSignals = no;
def offset = .5;

###################### Calculate Fisher Transform & CCI ###########################################
def maxHigh;
def minLow;
def range;
def value;
def truncValue;
def fish;
def FTUpArrow;
def FTDownArrow;
def FTOneBarBack;

maxHigh = Highest(hl2(), length);
minLow = Lowest(hl2(), length);
range = maxHigh - minLow;
value = if IsNaN(hl2()) then Double.NaN else if IsNaN(range)
    then value[1] else if range == 0 then 0 else 0.66 * ((hl2() - minLow) / range - 0.5) + 0.67 * value[1];
truncValue = if value > 0.99 then 0.999 else if value < -0.99 then -0.999 else value;
fish = 0.5 * (log((1 + truncValue) / (1 - truncValue)) + fish[1]);
FTOneBarBack = fish[1];
FTUpArrow = if (fish[1] < FTOneBarBack[1]) and (fish > FTOneBarBack) then 1 else
    Double.NaN;
FTDownArrow = if (fish[1] > FTOneBarBack[1]) and (fish < FTOneBarBack) then 1 else
    Double.Nan;

# CCI Calculation
def price;
def linDev;
def CCI;
price = close() + low() + high();
linDev = lindev(price, lengthCCI);
CCI = if linDev == 0 then 0 else (price - Average(price, lengthCCI)) / linDev / 0.015;

# Signals for both FisherTransform and CCI
# Find if CCI current is crossed above AND is greater than 100 within previou 2 bars
def CCIUpSignal = if lowest(CCI[1],2) < 100 and CCI > 100 then 1 else Double.Nan;
# Find if CCI current is crossed below  AND is less than -100 within previou 2 bars
def CCIDownSignal = if highest(CCI[1],2) > -100 and CCI < -100 then 1 else Double.Nan;
# Find if curent fish is greater then fish previous at least 2 bars back
def FTUp = if lowest(fish[1],2) < FTOneBarBack and fish > FTOneBarBack then 1 else Double.NaN;
# Find if current fish is less than previous fish at least 2 bars back
def FTDOWN = if highest(fish[1],2) > FTOneBarBack and fish < FTOneBarBack then 1 else Double.NaN;

##### PLOTS  #####
# Plot arrow if CCI crossed above +100 and is currently greater than +100 and FT has crossed above FTOneBarBack
plot comboUP = if CCIUpSignal and FTUp then 1 else double.Nan;
comboUP.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
comboUP.AssignValueColor(Color.GREEN);
# Plot arrow if CCI crossed below -100 and is currently less than -100 and FT has crossed below FTOneBarBack
plot comboDown = if CCIDownSignal and FTDown then 1 else double.Nan;
comboDown.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);
comboDown.AssignValueColor(Color.RED);

# Signal - Plot if FT has crossed above FTOneBarBack and CCI is greater than previous CCI
plot fishUPCCIUp = if (FTOneBarBack[1] > fish[1] and FTOneBarBack < fish and CCI > CCI[1]) then 1 else Double.Nan;
fishUPCCIUp.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
fishUPCCIUp.AssignValueColor(Color.DARK_GREEN);
# Signal - Plot if FT has crossed below FTOneBarBack and CCI is less than previous CCI
plot fishDownCCIDown = if (FTOneBarBack[1] < fish[1] and FTOneBarBack > fish and CCI < CCI[1]) then 1 else Double.Nan;
fishDownCCIDown.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);
fishDownCCIDown.AssignValueColor(Color.DARK_RED);

###################################################################
# Volume Spike
# Credit to Raghee Horner shared scripts shared_ST
def volumeOsc = reference VolumeOsc("fast length" = volumeFastLength, "slow length" = volumeSlowLength, "diff type" = "percent");
plot VolumeSpike = volumeOsc > volumeOscThreshold;
VolumeSpike.SetDefaultColor(Color.CYAN);
VolumeSpike.SetLineWeight(3);
VolumeSpike.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_POINTS);
###################################################################

Sorry, I can not I finally have a go-to after playing and trying so much this chart is a final for me. It has taken a lot of time and effort but here it is. I'm using the 30,1 hr, day charts. It seemed so hard to make a chart that fit and this is a very simple chart probably more of a personal thing

Last edited:
I designed the chart to fit me.

N12X0Ig.png

This is it final until another great indicator is written lol. All of these indicators shared off our site here some really really good stuff happening here on-site..... strictly public domain. Best of the best here found on https://usethinkscript.com/ this site rocks man I've been a member since early last year and the quality for indicators continue to grow... I'm just the guy who puts **** together to showcase the member's ingenuity. Well, cannot lie this site makes me $ and I want to give back I am not a coder just a user.

https://tos.mx/M2PxjJE

Last edited:
Read the studies explore all the study options even open the studies to view how they are written and how they are designed to behave.. Only you can learn by exploration.... know your chart and how it works.

can we use these indicator on nasdaq mini . if & can u explain me how does these purple arrow com it is on price action or it is printed after the candle is close ? please explain
The Buy/Sell Magenta Arrows are plotted while the candle is forming. Once the candle closes and if the arrow is present it will stay, it does not repaint.

Yes, you use on any instrument and any time frame,, Laguerre upper. Huh, I needed to open my last chart to see I tend to move forward a lot. Arrows denote swing waves short entries. Small cosmetic changes and added RAV upper indicator. all found on site.

https://tos.mx/BOlOgar

As a rule, I generally do not worry about repaint indicators that much key is to identify market direction on higher time frames then look at market conditions as they change say the daily or higher then look to buy low as conditions change the daily /1hr work for me usually. Watch the options volume key point, as well as position sizing.

Last edited:
I still can't get the waves to be numbered in TOS. any ideas would be appreciated.
The waves are interesting really the numbers do not show on every wave set and all time frames until the waves conform to Bill Wolfe's definition of wave 1-5 with the swing waves based off pivot hi/lo's. Unless this site can code a similar script one option is to; load the Tomsk zig-zag script but numbered waves that fit the Bill Wolfe description may need to research. These indicators are from this site:

https://tos.mx/JVG6IXO

Last edited:
One of my favorite threads going! Got an update, @J007RMC? Would love to see what you've been tinkering...thanks, as always, for sharing your idea
Yup, it's funny the answers are there if one has an open mind and is willing to accept the obvious. I really logged the hours searching for a simple but reliable trading style and the concept of following waves cannot be simpler really and reliable yes. So follow Tomsk zig-zag and Ben's wolf wave chart last post. This technique does not conform to traditional trading styles but very effective.

https://tos.mx/JVG6IXO

So I have spent the day reading up on Wolf Waves and have my chart set up. What other signals/indicators do you use to confirm a directional bias when you see wave 4 complete? Thanks in advance as always.
This is what I would suggest to give yourself time to gain confidence in the charts. Waves each and every wave needs to begin and end, I like to use the 15-30 min charts so if an up or down wave fails to end before the end of the day I generally take profits. keep the pre-market chart as a primary and watch beginning and ending wave line to form before market open really. Wishing you a great trading day. Note the higher time frames denote market direction as of now we are still in the uptrend.

https://tos.mx/eQYbujQ

Last edited:
Also, throw in a good auto/self-adjusting fib program and of course the money management part of trading which I'm sure you already know.

is it when the cande is forming or is it likRe-paint is unavoidable patience The swing waves script works very well now if the price action breaks above the short line and depending on the time frame that is cause for worry and exit. You may see some retests just need to watch the line. You can also confirm by the wave line and has it completed its direction in correlation to the short wave top. Is why I use the 15 and 30 min charts to confirm entries and exits. So I recomend using this chart.

https://tos.mx/aHziO36

Sure go-to style, settings then appearance, then choose your color fills and body colors
Candle color found under style settings/appearance. The short waves indicator can re-paint but overall very effective. Mu biggest concern with the short waves is if a ticker breaks above it GET OUT and reaccess your position. Why I use 15-30 min charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
423 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back