Gravestone Doji Candle Pattern for ThinkorSwim

MerryDay

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
@DOUBLE MOVE @mikegfel has not been seen in a while. :( It is possible that someone else might be able to help you.
However, when I attempt to import the shared link, I get a VPA indicator. Could you please edit your post to include the code
so members can see if what you are asking and if it is doable?

DOUBLE MOVE

VIP
@DOUBLE MOVE @mikegfel has not been seen in a while. :( It is possible that someone else might be able to help you.
However, when I attempt to import the shared link, I get a VPA indicator. Could you please edit your post to include the code
so members can see if what you are asking and if it is doable?
Hi Merryday yes the WHITE DOJI is in that VPA study I just would like a white vertical to appear when the white DOJI paints with an alarm to see it better... if possible with vert limiter if not no big deal . near resistance areas if you get a white DOJI it calls pretty good reversal points THANKS for response

MerryDay

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
@DOUBLE MOVE
a1.png

Ruby:
# This is a conversion of the NinjaTrader VPA indicator. 
#######

input volumeEMALength = 30;
input GdojiFactor = 0.2; # C_RP
input WickFactor = 0.1; # C_RP
#
# Calculations
rec spread = high - low;
# Calculate Range information
def avgSpread = WildersAverage(spread, volumeEMALength)[0];

#  VSA Definitions
#  C_RP 20100816
# rec isGraveDojiBar = (spread > avgSpread) && (open == low) && (close == low); totally strict Gravestone Doji. Revised version below identifies a candle with above average spread, a real body smaller than 20% of the spread, and a lower wick less than 10% of the spread as a Gravestone Doji pictured as a white triangle above the candle.

rec isGraveDojiBar = (spread > avgSpread) && (absValue(open - close) < (GdojiFactor * spread)) &&  ((absValue(close - low) < (WickFactor * spread)) or (absValue(open - low) < (WickFactor * spread))); # less strict Gravestone Doji

# Volume Bar Definitions
AddLabel(isGraveDojiBar, "Reversal possible on Gravestone Doji", CreateColor(255,255,255)) ;

addverticalline(isGraveDojiBar, "Doji", color.white);
 Alert(isGraveDojiBar, "Reversal possible on Gravestone Doji", Alert.Bar, Sound.Chimes);