Get the low of the bar next to the highest bar

Thinker20

I have coded this; it intends to return for the low of the bar that is after the highest bar of the last 20, anyway I can get it to work?

Code:
input Bars = 20;
def HighOfBars = Highest(high, Bars);
def AfterBar = (HighOfBars[-1]);
def LowestAfter = Low[AfterBar];

Slippage

input Bars = 20;

def HighOfBars = Highest(high, Bars);
def AfterBar = (HighOfBars[-1]);
def LowestAfter = Low[AfterBar];

I have coded this; it intends to return for the low of the bar that is after the highest bar of the last 20, anyway I can get it to work?

I think this should work. This updates only on new highs, not equal highs within the period.
Ruby:
input Bars = 20;
def lowAfterHighest = if high > Highest(high[1], Bars-1) then low[-1] else lowAfterHighest[1];
Note that it's using [-1] to look into the future from the bar that makes the new high. That means if a new high is made today it won't know until tomorrow what the new value will be.

Thinker20

Thank you very much! I was stuck thinking about how it could be possible. After reading the code it makes perfect sense, thank you again. I just have one doubt, why did you put bars -1? It would search for the highest one bar ago high in 19 bars, isn't it?

Slippage

why did you put bars -1? It would search for the highest one bar ago high in 19 bars, isn't it?
The reason is I'm excluding the current bar from the Highest() search with the [1] index. So it's looking at yesterday and 19 more bars leading up to yesterday. You can delete the -1 if that's not what you wanted.

Thinker20

Yes, I understand, thank you very much. Actually, perhaps you may help me solve now this problem if you can, how can I get this same code to work but between 20 and 10 bars ago? Looking forward to your answer, thank you in advance.