Finding the slope of MACD line

buffetsbabes

VIP
Hello,

I have been trying to find a way to design of the following indicator but cannot find a way to make it.

I am trying to calculate the slope of a MACD line with a fast length of 12 and slow length of 26. Is this possible?

rad14733

VIP
Thinkscript has no Functions that can calculate slope... That feature is only manually available via Drawing Tools...

Edited to add: Argh...!!! I forgot to mention the Tan and ATan Functions... I forgot about them as I have no experience with them but should have remembered them anyway...

buffetsbabes

VIP
Okay so I literally have no idea how to code at all, so any help would be appreciated. Instead of thinking about the slope, this could be a different way.

[12-day EMA(4hr) - 26-day EMA(4hr)) - (12-dayEMA(t=0) - 26-dayEMA(t=0)] / (t=4hr - t=0hr)

This would effectively give the slope of the MACD line but I have no idea if this is possible. Thoughts?

XeoNoX

VIP
Calculate the slope of a macd's slow and fast lengths? if you set the slope's length to 9, then the slopes length would be nine. What about the slope exactly are you tying to calculate? you have some pretty deep thought arithmetic going on there.