/ES Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
I didn't open a position until the afternoon due to the fact that I hadn't traded a single contract since last Tuesday. Felt a little out of sync I guess I don't know how else to explain it. Just wanted to kinda sit back and see how the morning panned out. Anyways here's my action from today.

T

tomsk

VIP
Warehouse
Should be a trend down day with AD at greater than -350

T

tomsk

VIP
Warehouse
Disagree. Ill write more detailed analysis later, but there is more to market than just AD
No worries, every trader has different risk profile. Good trading @skynetgen
I do look at other metrics as well

S

Shrum

any other trades this morning?
Thanks for this thread, I find it very interesting

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
A classic trisqz after morning bottom:

1) Larger timeframe support after exhaustive move down
2) every candle closing inside first 30m candle
3) Lack of intraday catalysts

My bias is avoiding that chop(3085-3070) like plague. once the first 30m close happens outside of triangle I might go for scalp.
Also might buy at support(3065-3070) with clear confirmation . The upside target is 3100

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
Trisqz play analysis:

I did not wait for super clear 30m confirmation as I felt like earlier entry provided better RR

My exit was also conservative. - trying to take profits before being stopped out and see how it works

p.s. now with 20/20 hindsight trailing it on psar stop would have netted 3 points more. - management is hardest thing to learn

Last edited by a moderator:
blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
My play was nearly identical to yours man but I ended up getting in on that first pull back @ 3082.50

blakecmathis

blakecmathis

Warehouse
@Shrum Patterns such as these where you are looking to make a play on the breakout

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
@skynetgen Think the top is around 3102?
For today maybe .3105 - absolute max. But i think 3095 might been it. Personally was not playing the PM ( doing swing management)
vwap close looks like natural magnet

Last edited:
T

Talochka

Disagree. Ill write more detailed analysis later, but there is more to market than just AD
seems you are VERY right

Trisqz play analysis:

I did not wait for super clear 30m confirmation as I felt like earlier entry provided better RR

My exit was also conservative. - trying to take profits before being stopped out and see how it works

p.s. now with 20/20 hindsight trailing it on psar stop would have netted 3 points more. - management is hardest thing to learn
what time zone are you in?

J

JML

I didn't open a position until the afternoon due to the fact that I hadn't traded a single contract since last Tuesday. Felt a little out of sync I guess I don't know how else to explain it. Just wanted to kinda sit back and see how the morning panned out. Anyways here's my action from today.

Blake, new here, long time TOS user, what do you look for to enter your trades?