/ES Futures Trading Strategy on ThinkorSwim

blakecmathis

This thread has exhausted its substantive discussion of this indicator so it has been locked

This thread is still available for reading.
If looking for specific information in this thread,
here is a great hack for searching many-paged threads.​

I'm sure at some point or another this has been done but thought I would try to give something back to this great community. I believe both these indicators are from users on this site but I could be mistaken. One the RSIL and the other some form of RSI I believe, cant remember the exact name. I really like the FE indicator on the RSIL but dont care too much for the rest of it. So I basically just did a fractal energy overlay on top of whatever study this is called. Its no holy grail because there is no such thing, but paired with multiple time frames and known support/resistance it has proved to be an absolutely lethal tool (for me anyways). Usually run a 512, 1000, and 1600 tick chart all with this same setup (minus the slim ribbon on the 1600). Any input is well appreciated.

MnJWGUT.png

Original version with indicators (grid chart) https://tos.mx/4gmXmj2

Attachments

• MnJWGUT.png
    MnJWGUT.png
    226.8 KB · Views: 443
Last edited by a moderator:

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Interesting.
So trying to reverse engineer your system:
  • on 1000 tick /ES chart with HKA candles
  • using the arrows on oscillators to enter? (the arrows by the way are from WaveTrend oscillator not from RSILaguerre)
  • exit on wavetrend curl down and /or slim ribbons momentum change
  • 1600/512 tick wavetrend as confirmation?

Last edited:
@skynetgen Correct the buy/sell signals are from the oscillator. Using 1000/1600 as support/resistance and the wave trend and FE as confirmation that a big move is coming or the current trend/cycle is out of gas. I use the 512 primarily just for picking my entry and exit.

Interesting.
So trying to reverse engineer your system:
  • on 1000 tick /ES chart with HKA candles
  • using the arrows on oscillators to enter? (the arrows by the way are from WaveTrend oscillator not from RSILaguerre)
  • exit on wavetrend curl down and /or slim ribbons momentum change
  • 1600/512 tick wavetrend as confirmation?
I'll upload some screenshots from today with a better explanation.

I tested it today. Did a couple of scalps long. Actually quite satisfied with result. I think you discovered a great /ES scalping setup, mate!
Blue lines I drew premarket.
Entry 1 made my day. I entered at first arrow, added at double bot. Hit my profit target at POC (at that point POC was mid of overnight range)
Entry 2 was late entry and I took profit a bit too early so its more of a scratch trade.

XHkgDY1.jpg

Last edited:
I tested it today. Did a couple of scalps long. Actually quite satisfied with result. I think you discovered a great /ES scalping setup, mate!
Entry 1 made my day. I entered at first arrow, added at double bot. Hit my profit target at POC (at that point POC was mid of overnight range)
Entry 2 was late entry and I took profit a bit too early so its more of a scratch trade.

XHkgDY1.jpg
I see little green arrows at your entry. Did you add those little green arrows? What indicator is that? If you don't mind sharing.

@skynetgen you got it brotha! Pure scalping strategy all intraday. I dont trust the signals from the 512 chart without confirmation because it is such a short time frame. The FE indicator doesn't necessarily mean that the current run is over because it could indicate some type of consolidation/head fake. Although I'm not quite sure yet how to incorporate a max FE reading into my strategy so still working on that.
But for now: S&R + FE low reading + Buy/Sell Signal = open position. I know there's probably someone out there who can explain this alot better than myslef.

XHkgDY1.jpg
@skynetgen can you send me this set up I like what you did Im testing it with futures

And it kept me out of that mess of news at 10:44 about the trade deal. Had some really beautiful plays today trading 5 contracts so I'm gonna test the waters trading 10 contracts tomorrow.

Ben's Swing Trading Strategy + Indicator

I wouldn't call this a course. My goal is zero fluff. I will jump right into my current watchlist, tell you the ThinkorSwim indicator that I'm using, and past trade setups to help you understand my swing trading strategy.

I'm Interested

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
446 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back