Current bar volume rounded to thousands and millions

zeek

2019 Donor
Have searched the forum but couldn´t find what i was looking for so here´s my request, a chart label that displays the current bar volume and i want this to be rounded to thousands and millions. So for example, if the current bar volume is 225,670 shares, label will say 226k and if volume is 3,567,950 shares, label will say 3,57M
If it´s not possible to round into thousands, using millions for everything works too.

Would also like to color code this label depending on if it´s the highest volume bar for the day. So if this is true, color the label red, otherwise color it grey (should include extended hours if possible).

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Have searched the forum but couldn´t find what i was looking for so here´s my request, a chart label that displays the current bar volume and i want this to be rounded to thousands and millions. So for example, if the current bar volume is 225,670 shares, label will say 226k and if volume is 3,567,950 shares, label will say 3,57M
If it´s not possible to round into thousands, using millions for everything works too.

Would also like to color code this label depending on if it´s the highest volume bar for the day. So if this is true, color the label red, otherwise color it grey (should include extended hours if possible).

Thanks in advance.

Try this
[Edited]
Code:
def v = volume;
AddLabel(1,
if Between(v, 1000, 999999) then...

Thanks in advance.

Try this
[Edited]
Code:
def v = volume;
AddLabel(1,
if Between(v, 1000, 999999) then Round(v / 1000, 2) + "k" else
if Between(v, 1000000, 10000000000) then Round(v / 1000000, 2) + "M"
else v + "", 
Color.YELLOW);

Last edited:
Solution
Try this
[Edited]
Code:
def v = volume;
AddLabel(1,
if Between(v, 1000, 999999) then Round(v / 1000, 2) + "k" else
if Between(v, 1000000, 10000000000) then Round(v / 1000000, 2) + "M"
else v + "",
Color.YELLOW);
Hey @SleepyZ , the label works like a charm!(y)

I was wondering if you could help me add two additional pieces of information,

Firstly, is it possible to look at the current candle volume and compare it with the previous candle volume at the same exact time and color code the label above depending on if the relative volume is higher or lower at current time? So if rvol is higher on current candle, can paint the label green and if lower, can paint it red.

Secondly, i was looking at another fine study you did earlier and was wondering if there´s a possibility to use this "bull & bear pressure volume" calculation from the CVD study and apply that to analyse the current candle vol pressure somehow and then display that as a label? Basically, i want to know the pressure on each current candle.

Hey @SleepyZ , the label works like a charm!(y)

I was wondering if you could help me add two additional pieces of information,

Firstly, is it possible to look at the current candle volume and compare it with the previous candle volume at the same exact time and color code the label above depending on if the relative volume is higher or lower at current time? So if rvol is higher on current candle, can paint the label green and if lower, can paint it red.

Secondly, i was looking at another fine study you did earlier and was wondering if there´s a possibility to use this "bull & bear pressure volume" calculation from the CVD study and apply that to analyse the current candle vol pressure somehow and then display that as a label? Basically, i want to know the pressure on each current candle.

Here is the first comparison. The second is not provided as I do not use it and it displays sporadically on charts lower than daily.
Edited: See next post for update
addlabel(1,"Bar Volume - Current: " + volume + " Prior: " + volume[1], if volume > volume[1] then color.green else color.red);

Last edited:
Here is the first comparison. The second is not provided as I do not use it and it displays sporadically on charts lower than daily.

Appreciate the help as always! Exactly what i was looking for in regards to the first addition. I just tried it with timezone ET and for some reason, the "today" part gets stuck after a new candle opens and the volume will not update unless i open the studies window and then close it again, not sure why..

The prior seems to show a larger vol amount than what´s actually traded. Have a look at this screen i just took, the yellow label to the left is the original study you posted in #2 and i took the screenshot just as the candle was about to close so roughly 266k shares on that candle but if you look at the prior on right side it says 512k shares.

If you could have a look at this, would be great

Appreciate the help as always! Exactly what i was looking for in regards to the first addition. I just tried it with timezone ET and for some reason, the "today" part gets stuck after a new candle opens and the volume will not update unless i open the studies window and then close it again, not sure why..

The prior seems to show a larger vol amount than what´s actually traded. Have a look at this screen i just took, the yellow label to the left is the original study you posted in #2 and i took the screenshot just as the candle was about to close so roughly 266k shares on that candle but if you look at the prior on right side it says 512k shares.

If you could have a look at this, would be great
I think I misinterpreted what you wanted. Here is the volume of the current bar compared to the prior bar. Apparently I put too much lipstick on the code in the prior post (removed) and it slowed down the script.

Ruby:
addlabel(1,"Bar Volume - Current: " + volume + " Prior: " + volume[1], if volume > volume[1] then color.green else color.red);

Hi @SleepyZ , i was wondering if you could help me create a few more labels & a chartbubble with some volume information,

1. A chartlabel that displays the average volume traded of the last 5 bars and if the average is below 1 million shares, paint the label gray and name it ”medium”, if higher than 1 million, paint it green and name it ”high”, if higher than 3 million, paint it blue and name it ”very high”.

2. A chartlabel that checks if volume is rising or declining after a new high of day is set. So basically, it will constantly check and compare the new HOD volume bar with the prior HOD bar. If rising, paint it green and if declining paint it red.

3. A chartbubble that displays the highest volume bar of the day on the upper chart.

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.