Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

Pevious OS/OB zones can prove to be zones of support or resistance.
VPCyyy4.png

Notice in the next screenshot where the /ES has found some intermediate support. Very nice call out here. The OB/OS levels can be very significant.
VspMg6j.png

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@Christopher84 or @Trader Raider or others..

1) How are you or anyone using just the C3_MF_LINE in scalping ( I just have that alone now) and want to see how anyone is using for scalping (5 mins) or even swing trading.
Hey, easyman. If you pull up 5 min charts for gold, silver, and crude, you will see that all 3 had scalper signals fire premarket this morning. I didn't get in when signals fired because I was aiming for fib targets based on overnight price structure. All three showed bullish price action at the 9:30 open with 100% long bias on the scalper. All were above the C3 line (which was green) and VWAP. All three showed a spark score of 2. All had strong CTM scores. I ended up going long on gold and hit all 3 profit targets. Crude hit 2 of 3 targets, getting stopped out on the last contract because I was trailing it tight to conserve gains.

Hope that helps and happy trading!

Hey, easyman. If you pull up 5 min charts for gold, silver, and crude, you will see that all 3 had scalper signals fire premarket this morning. I didn't get in when signals fired because I was aiming for fib targets based on overnight price structure. All three showed bullish price action at the 9:30 open with 100% long bias on the scalper. All were above the C3 line (which was green) and VWAP. All three showed a spark score of 2. All had strong CTM scores. I ended up going long on gold and hit all 3 profit targets. Crude hit 2 of 3 targets, getting stopped out on the last contract because I was trailing it tight to conserve gains.

As always, excellent example @Trader Raider! Thank you for sharing!

Nice bounce off support. Look at the confluence (green candle, green C3_MF_Line, Arrow Up, breakout of OS zone) for the upward push.
V4v8uP6.png
@Christopher84 @Trader Raider

Thank you both for the charts and explanations. Been missing some of the activity of late, however, I've also been combining some of Christopher's studies on different ES and MES time frames. As of last night and into this morning, I loaded the C3 Max and C3 v6 from last June on a MES 2000t chart. (Scalper will not work on tic charts as you know) I like the combination of these 2 with the ichimoku cloud from C3 v6. The C3 Max appears to be working very well on tic charts.

Separately, I opened another MES chart with a 3 minute time frame with the C3 Scalper and C3 v.6. On the Scalper I set all agg periods to 3 minutes and looks to be working very well.

Looking at today's action which I missed, there were quite a few setups to go long and short. I know the day was crazy, but I'll look further back and will try to run OnDemand to get a better feel. Keep you posted on the findings. Both of these can certainly apply to ES or probably any other instrument, including your favorite time frames.

Thanks again @Christopher84 for developing these great indicators!!!!

Good trade... so basically > C3 and VWAP along with Spark.

What is CTM ?. Is that a study somewhere (if it's proprietary apologize for asking)

TIA
MN

Good trade... so basically > C3 and VWAP along with Spark.

What is CTM ?. Is that a study somewhere (if it's proprietary apologize for asking)

TIA
MN
Hey, easyman, no apology necessary :) That is the Chande Trend Meter that is posted in the VIP forum. Mine is slightly different because I added labels to remind me of the numbers I'm looking for. It is the indicator plotted beneath the MACD_BB in the photo above. There is also an upper version.

It hasn't happened very often, but I have seen it a few times when the scalper and the CTM are nowhere near confluence. For example, the CTM may be showing a strong short trend and the Scalper is showing a long scalp. That is a red flag for me to stay out. What is more typical, from the few days I have watched the two together, is that the Chande will give a heads-up to be careful. Here's an example of scalper (solid line) plotted with upper CTM (dashed line) and lower CTM.

The scalper gives a long signal while the Chande is still showing bearish. A few candles after the signal, there is a little pullback. Not a big deal if you don't keep tight stops. But I do, and that little downward price movement may have stopped me out. For me, the better entry is when Chande and scalper agree. Also, if you notice at the top right, scalper is still painting green candles while the Chande has turned bearish. For me, that's a caution sign that the green candles may not last much longer and the gray C3 MF line may be on the verge of turning red.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Please understand that I am not trying to be critical of scalper in any way. I never thought I would like any indicator better than consensus candles, but the scalper is well on its way to becoming my new favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is in the works. I'm currently building a basic strategy for C3_Max. Long entries only(1 share traded at a time), no shorting. /ES 10 min 90 days. Anyone interested? :unsure:
HipHFzv.png
10 Minutes definitely seems to be the sweet spot. I honestly didn't know you could back test like this. I had given up on the TOS OnDemand its so bad. @Christopher84 when I have it show me the Strategy Report is there any way for it to take into account that I have Paper Hands and I wont be holding anything overnight. This is really nice Thanks you sir.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
327 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back