Repaints Chewie's Super Trend, Hull Average, Donchian Trend Ribbon Trading System for ThinkorSwim

Repaints
So, first time posting, so hope I'm doing it correctly. I was looking for a way to try and make it the highest percentage possible for a successful trade and I've been dealing with market internals lately anyways. So, I added $VOLD and $ADD to the left, when those & whichever stock your trading have an identical Donchian Reading.... the trades really, really have some strength and it seems to work very well alongside Chewie's already incredible system.
oCTMnNe.png

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

6Og7rXF.png

Okay did some tweaks to the 2 minute, Hull 55, ATR 2.25.

Added the RSIL Laguerre indicator for confirmation / being able to stay in the trades longer after 1-4x profit targets. Notice, $VOLD and $ADD donchian green, all 3 confirmations on Chewie's system, RSIL is sloping upwards then pins at the top, along with lower donchian being Cyan (major buying pressure) and the move skyrockets with 0 indication to get out or even stress about your trade. Obviously hindsight though.

Back tested it over 30 days and it seems to work wonders on /ES and /NQ.

Clearly a handpicked example, but it is incredible on just about every entry once all confirmations line up.

Thanks again @chewie76.

Last edited:
6Og7rXF.png

Added the RSIL Laguerre indicator for confirmation / being able to stay in the trades longer after 1-4x profit targets. Notice, $VOLD and $ADD donchian green, all 3 confirmations on Chewie's system, RSIL is sloping upwards then pins at the top, along with lower donchian being Cyan (major buying pressure) and the move skyrockets with 0 indication to get out or even stress about your trade. Obviously hindsight though.

Clearly a handpicked example, but it is incredible on just about every entry once all confirmations line up.

Thanks again @chewie76.

Here's a link the workspace if you'd like;
https://tos.mx/yYEHPZZ
Interesting.. I'll take a look at this. Until now, I've just been watching SPY and SQQQ/VIX

6Og7rXF.png

Thanks again @chewie76.

Would love to try your format out tomorrow. Could you post a sharable link for the RSIL Laguerre indicator you are using? Thank you.

6Og7rXF.png

Thanks again @chewie76.

@DGreenleaf17 Thanks for sharing the workspace, When I tried to import the workspace looks like all the studies are not getting imported.

@chewie76 Wow. Incredible results today with /ES. Question. I seem to be using 4 lots per trade. However, I noticed your intro to the strategy mentions 5 targets. Are you going using the magenta line as a target as well? So, target 1 is magenta, target 2 is yellow, then so on...

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ chewie
Wondering if you would have any input as to what the best settings would be if using the recent plots strategy on a 144 tick chart.
thanks

@chewie76 - any tips on avoiding the chop, and being ready for the big move? When you trade, do you just have your 4 minute timeframe up or do you have a couple others? Looking back, I guess I should've had a closer eye on the 200 and noticed that 2-3 long attempts couldn't break it...

Also.. any tips on playing the open when there's a big gap down (like today)? Would you recommend having a lower timeframe (1/2 minutes) on your chart as well? I sat there watching this all day and never pulled the trigger.. darn.

Last edited:
This may have been covered, and if it has I apologize in advance. If you have a long signal below the white EMA...do you forgo the trade until you are above the EMA....ie, only trading with the trend?

This may have been covered, and if it has I apologize in advance. If you have a long signal below the white EMA...do you forgo the trade until you are above the EMA....ie, only trading with the trend?

This is his response from post #31

I don't ignore the short signals while above the 200. Look to see when the last time it touched the 200. Consider taking profit at the first dashed magenta line or the dashed yellow line when going against the 200.

Personally, on high volatility days, I wouldn't go against the trend for anything more than a simple scalp and even that is pretty rich for my blood.

Hey all. I am trying to get a scan to work for this strategy. I think I am on the right track, however, I do not know what option to select when in the edit window. What I would like an alert / watchlist to populate by, is the "Square" and "Triangle". I think these are called Hull Buy and Hull Sell but this option isn't available in the dropdown list. I saved this strategy as a study in order to be able to access it in the edit window of the scanner as it doesn't have the option to choose strategy from the list. Is this correct? I would like for this scan to be sent to a watchlist and the stocks that get the "Hull Buy" (I think) will show up and leave after a bit or maybe an alert just so I know when it happens. Hope this makes sense.

KJKF5zC.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all. I am trying to get a scan to work for this strategy. I think I am on the right track, however, I do not know what option to select when in the edit window. What I would like an alert / watchlist to populate by, is the "Square" and "Triangle". I think these are called Hull Buy and Hull Sell but this option isn't available in the dropdown list. I saved this strategy as a study in order to be able to access it in the edit window of the scanner as it doesn't have the option to choose strategy from the list. Is this correct? I would like for this scan to be sent to a watchlist and the stocks that get the "Hull Buy" (I think) will show up and leave after a bit or maybe an alert just so I know when it happens. Hope this makes sense.

KJKF5zC.jpg
I think it’s just close crossing 200 ema

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
412 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back