Buy the dip VIP indicator question

L

Learnbot

VIP
Hi @BenTen

I am not VIP member yet, however, thinking about subscribing to your discord and obtaining the "buy the dip" indicator. I just wanted to check something before I subscribe to VIP, would you be able to post an example of 1min chart for TSLA, Apple, ZM or whatever else stock you see fit (not penny stocks plz since I am not that educated to trade small caps yet). I wanted to see if buy the dip works for day trading as well as swing.

thank you,

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Learnbot Hey there! For sure. Here are the requested charts.

I don't really trade on the 1m chart, so I wouldn't be able to answer any questions related to this timeframe. I find the 1m timeframe to be "a bit much" for my style of trading. I hope those charts above will help. Hopefully, we'll get some existing VIP members to chime in and share their opinion.

P

princesly

VIP
@Learnbot BTD Is awesome at any timeframe--you just have to know what you are doing. Personally, I usually have a bigger timeframe plan and then look for a good entry on the one minute that corresponds with a two-minute divergence on MACD or 9 or 25 period RSI oversold. If you use Moving averages, you have to make sure the trend is above VWAP to minimize risk.

BoarTrades

BoarTrades

VIP
@Learnbot, I primarily trade off the 5min and 10min BTD_STR signals for large cap stocks. However, I do monitor the 2min timeframe while trading small cap stocks under $20.

BA was the only good example of where 2min worked today.

However, as it's a lower time frame, it will have more signals. Entries are more precise for bottom picking and top picking, but you do lose a majority of the move each time.

L

Learnbot

VIP
@BenTen thank you so much for sharing the pics this indicator looks amazing. @princesly very good information as well, currently I do use EMA crosses and MCAD divergence to get in but you are correct I still need to learn and be better at it. I appreciate the help though. @BoarTrades for large cap stocks (for day trading only) which timeframe do you think BTD indicator is best for. Also thank you for your help/information. All I really appreciate the help.

BoarTrades

BoarTrades

VIP
@BenTen thank you so much for sharing the pics this indicator looks amazing. @princesly very good information as well, currently I do use EMA crosses and MCAD divergence to get in but you are correct I still need to learn and be better at it. I appreciate the help though. @BoarTrades for large cap stocks (for day trading only) which timeframe do you think BTD indicator is best for. Also thank you for your help/information. All I really appreciate the help.
Daytrading I look at 5min and 10min for large caps.

R

rj3137

Do all of the VIP indicators work on renko charts? I use renko and will most likely join the VIP. I know there are some indicators that dont work on renko so Im just making sure. Thanks

MintyFresh

MintyFresh

VIP
I saw a request in the Discord to describe how people have been using BTD indicator on lower interval trades and thought I would share my experience.
I primarily scalp and have been using BTD to evaluate BULLISH entries for this style of short term trading along with TTM Squeeze, TTM Wave, RSI, and MACD w/ Histogram. My ideal setup is when the three BTD lines converge to indicate an entry opportunity, TTM Squeeze is out of the squeeze (green dots) and has a confirmed bullish bias from a recent bearish move, TTM Wave confirming the bullish momentum, MACD being stretched down and ready for a bullish move, and RSI being below the 30 line.

Attached is my scalps from today on NVDA where I pretty much had this scenario several times -- you'll see that I took three trades that were close to the dip as soon as TTM Squeeze changed colors, while being in an area where all three BTD lines are overlapping.

I don't know if this use case is how the BTD indicator was intended for, but I've been trying it out for ~ a week and it has been working for me on the small set of tickers that I have been scalping.

M

markpurr

VIP
I have a full-time job and can not keep monitoring the market all the time. The reviews @BenTen posted are intriguing. I will be joining VIP later today. Thanks for the group.

M

markpurr

VIP
@BenTen First day trade based on the convergence signal that you spoke about. Purchased AMD calls at $74.62 price level and then sold shortly after at $75.60 price because I had to return to work. Is this how you supposed to use it?

See below for my photo.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@markpurr Nice trade (y) . There are multiple ways to use this indicator. Some people wait for the lines to converge and then crosses below the Zero line (I'm one of them) before they take the trade, while others may take the trade right away when the aggressive line alone crosses below the Zero line. It's entirely up to you and your risk tolerance. But be sure to read up on the documentation provided to understand different use cases.

C

chonpz

VIP
Ben would you please post some chart examples with ES futures and BTD indi...5 mins timeframe please

J

jezzer46

@BenTen can you put a screenshot of SPPI and or SAVA for today 9/18/20 on the 5 min time frame? Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Buy The Dip Strategy Member Submitted 3
B Buy The Dip Trading Plan Member Submitted 11
BenTen Buy the Dip Indicator for ThinkorSwim Indicators 4
T Buy Sell Volume Pressure - Alternate Indicator Indicators 1
StockT8er Strategy Sell before Buy Questions 7