blackFLAG FTS - SwingArm Trend Indicator using ATRTrailing Stop and Fibonacci Retracements

B

barbaros

@fjr1300 Thank you for posting this and your hard work.
I'm trying to come up with a strategy with this indicator. What would you do to minimize unexpected reversals like this?
I see it trigger on a breakout but then reverses to test your nerves...

F

fjr1300

VIP
@barbaros I see the indicator settings are not matching mine. That will make it very difficult to understand. Start with changing the ATR settings from dots to lines. and resend me the same chart. Use heiken ashi candles as well.

P

Playstation

VIP
@fjr1300
based on your script above in post 1:

input trailType = {default modified, unmodified};
input ATRPeriod = 28;
input ATRFactor = 5;
input firstTrade = {default long, short};
input averageType = AverageType.WILDERS;
This code here, I tried switching both, but doesnt seem to have any changes?

F

fjr1300

VIP
@Playstation That is not to be edited at all. You may be misunderstanding what is posted. I am happy to screen share with you and discuss your questions. You can direct message me and we can meet via zoom or something for a few minutes.

F

fjr1300

VIP
@barbaros I recommend you study the charts on my Twitter feed. You can click on the media link and see the sequence of charts over time. Probably, you will get a better understanding. @blackflagfuture

B

bubz

Would you be able to chare your current grid? I want to compare if my settings are off.

F

fjr1300

VIP
In this post, I will like to show the process to make an entry decision using SwingArms plus the various other tools from this group. SwingArms work by providing an advance notice for higher timeframe trends. Lower timeframes will cycle within them and will set themselves up to move in the direction of the higher timeframes. Today is a great example. Regardless of the fact that the set up failed.

1. Review of 1 Hour Timeframe - 2. Review of 30 Minute Timeframe - 3. TRADE ENTRY Review of 5 Minute Timeframe - 4. Review of 10 Minute Timeframe using SwingArms as well as HorseRider's ULTIMATE MACD to confirm the process to go long. - ps.I am using it in this case as an upper study instead of lower. 5. Monitoring trade process on 30 Minute Chart - 6. Long Setup Failure & Profit Taking / Stop Management - Keep in mind that once the trade starts to develop as provided by the SwingArms, stops must be adjusted to breakeven or better in case of setup failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

fjr1300

VIP
Yes. In the direction of higher timeframe clouds. A lower time frame swingarm cycling withing a higher one in the same direction. It is critical to understand the overall longer timeframe scenario. For example, price is within the Average Price Movement zone @BenTen , weekly - So, there is a chance for a turnover. But if swingarms are still bullish, there is energy to be used up until broken. Manage positions accordingly.

Last edited:
K

kuvala

2019 Donor
VIP
Can someone post the latest shareable TOS link for this study/chart ? I am not getting the same results as shown here. Thanks

M

mansor

THANKS what settings for the hourly are you using for the Hull ?
That above code for the bubbles producers errors can you check and let me know what i need to change

Edit: i got it worked
@Trading51 How did you get bubbles to work? I copied and pasted those lines and it gave me an error as well. Please advise, thanks again

Edit: Got it, it had to be added to hull ma con turning pts. Thanks!

Last edited:
M

mansor

i got confused over what mansor is asking for
sorry for confusing you @Playstation. No question on avg price mov script, it works as defined. I am just trying to understand how to use buy sell confirmation that you see in the picture on post #35 by @fjr1300. I don't see those bubbles when using hull ma con turning, I get bubbles showing buy support and sell resistance but not sell/buy confirmation.

@fjr1300 blagflag works in tandem with 4 other scripts like you suggested in in post #1. Clicking on iwo takes me back to hull ma turning pts. Waiting for your new version. Thanks both

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Questions 7