Automatic Quadrant Lines for ThinkorSwim

@chewie76 Yeah, I just pasted the code I use into your study and it also lags while my external priceline continues to move... That tells me there is some inherent lag in the study for some reason... It can't be just that code that is lagging, or at least I wouldn't think it could be... Interesting...

Edited at add: And those are the only two indicators on the chart...
Ah, I may just remove that from my code and have it by itself. Thanks!

@chewie76 Ok... After looking over the code I'm wondering if the sheer number of fold() and Highest() and the other HighestAll() are causing the issue... Try replacing the other instance(s) of HighestAll() first...

Supposed to be price level. It works well on the mobile, but the desktop looks delayed. TOS has some issue with how the code works.

I was so confused lol . I have a separate priceline indicator so when I saw priceline from your script which is very leggy I thought it's for something else . Thanks for the info

there are cases where when price goes against the arrows direction the arrows disappear, i don't know in this case if its a stop loss or the previous signal is considered again valid. another case is sometimes price breaks out or down the lines entries, arrows is still not showing so what you guys think whether this is an entry even no signal shown or no trade considered?

there are cases where when price goes against the arrows direction the arrows disappear, i don't know in this case if its a stop loss or the previous signal is considered again valid. another case is sometimes price breaks out or down the lines entries, arrows is still not showing so what you guys think whether this is an entry even no signal shown or no trade considered?
I wouldnt look at the arrows, always look at price and how it reacts with the lines.

this indicator is good to know where price is headed or will stop dropping at. but you will need to acquire proper knowledge of price action to effective apply this especially on choppy days

Hi,

Could you please post the script to color the candles the way you show it on your chart with the meaning of each color or the criteria for painting the candles red versus yellow, green etc?

Hi,

Could you please post the script to color the candles the way you show it on your chart with the meaning of each color or the criteria for painting the candles red versus yellow, green etc?
That's a paid indicator.

@chewie76
Wow! Just Wow!
As usual you create something similar to my thoughts!

I have some ideas to combine this and you Fib lines into an intelligent Ewave, Wolf Wave, Harmonic that can be confirmed or challenged by order flow...
I will contact you on discord

I wouldnt look at the arrows, always look at price and how it reacts with the lines.
because arrows give more confidence where prices do breakout the entry line. what if price goes above the line without arrow and it pullback? then in here i believe it is right not to get in when price went above that!

Can you please show how to scan for S1 in first bar alert? i tried to set up S1 is true but not work the way i want.

Can you please show how to scan for S1 in first bar alert? i tried to set up S1 is true but not work the way i want.
Not sure since it will appear for each bar that is lower than the previous S1 bar.

This is working really well with low float stocks. I tried it in the /CL (oil futures) but the wild swings, likely from HFT trading, made it a lot more unpredictable. So, I went back to low float stocks where it has been working phenomenally. I use it in conjunction with a few other indicators that help confirm the moves. If they disagree, then I stay out. If it starts moving up, then there is a divergence, I take the guaranteed profit rather than risk the reversal wiping out gains. If the position has moved up enough I might take a half position profit, then move my stop up to just above entry (ATR dependent) and let the rest ride to see if it can still muster the strength to move up to the intended target. Some of the targets look very far off on some, but I haven't tried any of those trades to see how it will work. On my swing trades I've been getting around 8-22% and around 2-4% on a day trade. The ones I'm referring to with the really long targets are probably well above 40%, but I've often seen those pop up after I've already entered one or two trades. I don't like having too many trades going at once. I usually will limit myself to four trades at any given time, but only one day trade, no more than two shorter term trades that I suspect will make their marks within 10 days (daily chart), and one longer term trade of more than 3 weeks (weekly chart).

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
340 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back