Automatic Quadrant Lines for ThinkorSwim

rad14733

VIP
plot priceLine = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close[-1])
then close
else Double.NaN);

@chewie76 Unless TOS has fixed HighestAll() in this past weekends update it lags terribly due to their purposely recoding it, as well as all other . . . . All() functions, earlier in the summer... I've had to switch to one of several alternate methods for plotting a functional PriceLine or deriving a valid value...

Edited to add: You can read more about this in the following post:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/current-price-line-indicator.6537/post-63046

Last edited:

meyh3m

@chewie76 i been trading for awhile now and just finding about thinkscripts. besides the custom volume i dont use any. I must say this quandrant line was very astounding. great work on this

s1111

@chewie76 Thank you so much for your hard work and to share with the community. I'm using your script on a 30 and 1 hour chart to view target but I trade on a 2-minute chart for scalp. It was on point !!

Quick questions
Cyan line= what does it represent ?
Yellow line= What does is represent?
Seems like support and registant ?

Thanks in advance
Stay humble stay blessed

chewie76

VIP Enthusiast
@chewie76 Thank you so much for your hard work and to share with the community. I'm using your script on a 30 and 1 hour chart to view target but I trade on a 2-minute chart for scalp. It was on point !!

Quick questions
Cyan line= what does it represent ?
Yellow line= What does is represent?
Seems like support and registant ?

Thanks in advance
Stay humble stay blessed
Cyan is the 75% line, yellow is 50%.

tosman

VIP
@chewie76 I just downloaded this script and it looks very promising. Can you please let me know the difference between the Long Entry vs the green up arrow? In other words, at which point is it good to make a (long) trade?
Also, how many days is the price expected to reach the Long Target?
If I see a Short Entry before the stock reaches the Long Target, then is it time to exit?
Thank you very much.

chewie76

VIP Enthusiast
@chewie76 I just downloaded this script and it looks very promising. Can you please let me know the difference between the Long Entry vs the green up arrow? In other words, at which point is it good to make a (long) trade?
Also, how many days is the price expected to reach the Long Target?
If I see a Short Entry before the stock reaches the Long Target, then is it time to exit?
Thank you very much.
Long entry and green arrow are the same. Take the trade at the long entry. There is no guarantee price will hit the long target, so you have to monitor the trade. I would set a stop loss to protect any profits. If it drops below the long target, get out of the trade.

Pepsi562

VIP
Is it normal to have incredibly long load times??

And, for futures should Globex/over night data be used or just the cash session?

Tuna7020

Long entry and green arrow are the same. Take the trade at the long entry. There is no guarantee price will hit the long target, so you have to monitor the trade. I would set a stop loss to protect any profits. If it drops below the long target, get out of the trade.
Thanks for this Chewie. Will this work with options trading as well? Taking into consideration ‘time decay’. Just trying to know where to put stop losses. Was thinking below L/E

chewie76

VIP Enthusiast
Thanks for this Chewie. Will this work with options trading as well? Taking into consideration ‘time decay’. Just trying to know where to put stop losses. Was thinking below L/E
I have not checked if it works on option charts. On a stock chart, if it goes below the L/E, then that's a good stop loss. I prefer to sell options instead of buying them.

s1111

@chewie76 I am learning about your script and it's a great script. Quick question about Priceline, I see it moves up and down. What does it represent?
Thank you

chewie76

VIP Enthusiast
@chewie76 I am learning about your script and it's a great script. Quick question about Priceline, I see it moves up and down. What does it represent?
Thank you
Supposed to be price level. It works well on the mobile, but the desktop looks delayed. TOS has some issue with how the code works.

rad14733

VIP
Supposed to be price level. It works well on the mobile, but the desktop looks delayed. TOS has some issue with how the code works.

Yeah, it lags terribly due to HighestAll()... I disable the plot and just use the Line At Price code from Mobius which is here in the forums... It may not span the entire chart but I don't really need it to...

chewie76

VIP Enthusiast
Yeah, it lags terribly due to HighestAll()... I disable the plot and just use the Line At Price code from Mobius which is here in the forums... It may not span the entire chart but I don't really need it to...
I added Mobius's alternative to one of my fib indicators since both long and short are using it and I'm getting the exact same result.

rad14733

VIP
I added Mobius's alternative to one of my fib indicators since both long and short are using it and I'm getting the exact same result.

Odd... I added it while I still had the original in place and the original stayed motionless while the alternate was moving with price action... Notice the lime colored line from the alternate...

j1NddlK.png

Last edited: