Anchored VWAP Indicator for ThinkorSwim

Trying to figure out how delayed these signals are. On the 5 minute, even if it was 10 min delayed, it would still give a great entry.

Has anyone had any luck testing this indicator and seeing how delayed it is? I don't have a real account so i can't simulate.

@thinky Your questions are good ones. Unless someone else can help answer that question, I am out of answers.
Please call the Advanced Trading Support line. Their phone # is listed in the Tutorial Section 800-672-2098.
They can log into your computer and see what you are seeing. They are both traders and coders at that number.
Please let us know what answer you get.
How long is this indicator delayed for

I am new to TOS and have not yet figured out how to back test. Has anyone done any work in that regard? Here are two 1 minute charts after close on9/18/2019, AMZN AND CMG with the Original Trwend Reversal and the VWAP Anchored. I am exited to see it in RT at open tomorrow.
@chillc15 & @thinky the only way a one minute chart would stay the same after you left it to look at a five minute or five year chart would be for the price to stay the same as it was when you first left it, and then it still would not be right. Looking at the code, it is taking 20 bars and looking for a pivot. Wherever you have the time starting when you click on a one minute or whatever chart, it starts over, looking for a pivot hi/low in 20 bars. I hope this makes sense because it is pretty much the best I can explain it. Anyone else?

Also, curious to know, why are you looking at anything at such a short timeframe? I know it all depends on where a person learned, and maybe it's just me, but trading at the speed of a hummingbird's wings seems a little excessive, meaning price is so very random. (I will be the first to admit I know little about trading /CL)

There are two ways to adjust a chart like this: Change the input for number of bars. Turn off after hours so that only RTH is showing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. I wonder the same thing. I am a big fan of VWAP. I use it with a 15 exponential MA.

Has anyone had any luck testing this indicator and seeing how delayed it is? I don't have a real account so i can't simulate.
It has adjustable delay: input setting n -that is delay it uses for pivots. So can be delayed from 1 bar to whatever

I really like this indicator but it is failing to plot new high/low levels on my chart. The only way the new levels show up for me is if I manually go in and click "show study" twice to get it to manually refresh. Any ideas?

You won't get any signals, this is super super super Delayed from what I am looking at. I don't use this to trade but I love playing around with things on my spare time but anyways today this thing didn't show the signal to get in until almost 20 bars were printed. Another one took 14 bars to go before it was printed. Not sure how to trade with this but if you looking for just the signal to tell you when to go in then it will be way too late.

I think this gives an indication of support/resistance at that exact price in that exact time. I'm on 5mins intraday, and boy did it help me for entry.
Don't bother to look at those arrows signal. Use the vwap lines high and low, very good to determine the support/resistance.

Last edited:
anchored VWAP is powerful from recent swing hi/lows, but whats the point if they dont extend to recent price action? is there any way to have all anchored vwaps extend across the chart? thanks

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.