5 min first bar's position compared to ema 21

rta

Please help with this code, I don't know coding, so copy and past from different indicators of our forum members.
I want 5 min first bar's position compared to ema 21, and study should stop after closing of first bar.
Here is the code I compiled,

input agg = AggregationPeriod.DAY;
input StartTime = 0930;
input EndTime = 0935;

def c = close;
def o = open;
def ORActive = if SecondsFromTime(StartTime) > 0 and
SecondsTillTime(EndTime) >= 0
then 1
else 0;

def BC = if ORActive and !ORActive[1]
then c
else Double.NaN;

def BO = if ORActive and !ORActive[1]
then o
else Double.NaN;

input length = 21;

def AvgExp = ExpAverage(close, length);

plot trend = if o > avgexp and c > avgexp and c > o then 111 else if o > avgexp and c > avgexp and c < o then 11 else if o < avgexp and c > avgexp and c > o then 1 else if o < avgexp and c < avgexp and c < o then -111 else if o < avgexp and c < avgexp and c > o then -11 else if o > avgexp and c < avgexp and c < o then -1 else 0;

assignBackgroundColor(if trend > 0 then color.dark_green else if trend < 0 then color.Dark_red else color.Gray);

After first bar is over, it changes for second bar.
Please help....
Thanks

Please help with this code, I don't know coding, so copy and past from different indicators of our forum members.
I want 5 min first bar's position compared to ema 21, and study should stop after closing of first bar.

input StartTime = 0930;
input EndTime = 0935;

def c = close;
def o = open;
then 1
else 0;

then c
else Double.NaN;

then o
else Double.NaN;

input length = 21;

plot trend = if o > avgexp and c > avgexp and c > o then 111 else if o > avgexp and c > avgexp and c < o then 11 else if o < avgexp and c > avgexp and c > o then 1 else if o < avgexp and c < avgexp and c < o then -111 else if o < avgexp and c < avgexp and c > o then -11 else if o > avgexp and c < avgexp and c < o then -1 else 0;

assignBackgroundColor(if trend > 0 then color.dark_green else if trend < 0 then color.Dark_red else color.Gray);

Please help....
Thanks

if you only want color changes for the first bar, then you need to alter the trend formula.

add this to the existing formula
plot trend = !ORActive then 0 else if....

input StartTime = 0930;
input EndTime = 0935;

def c = close;
def o = open;
then 1
else 0;

then c
else Double.NaN;

then o
else Double.NaN;

input length = 21;

Please help....
Thanks
I’m intrigued. May I ask how you implement aforementioned strategy?

if you only want color changes for the first bar, then you need to alter the trend formula.

plot trend = !ORActive then 0 else if....
Hi halcyonguy,
Thanks for reply,
I was trying to create watchlist column, but +1, -1, 0 goes on changing on completion of each 5 Min bar.
I want study to stop after 1st bar.
Please healp.
Thanks

Than
I’m intrigued. May I ask how you implement aforementioned strategy?
Thanks for reply khpro59,
This was for watchlist column.. but it goes on working on each bar, should stop after 1st bar.
Please help.

Hi halcyonguy,
Thanks for reply,
I was trying to create watchlist column, but +1, -1, 0 goes on changing on completion of each 5 Min bar.
I want study to stop after 1st bar.
Please healp.
Thanks

Than

Thanks for reply khpro59,
This was for watchlist column.. but it goes on working on each bar, should stop after 1st bar.
Please help.

Perhaps this is over simplification and not what you want, but based upon what you wrote as your conditions, I think it might.

The optional bubbles are used for testing purposes. The image shows the same figures were used for both the 1m and 5m charts. The colors may change during the development of the bars, but once the range is complete, the color should not change.
Screenshot 2023-12-07 163403.png
Code:
input agg       = AggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN;
input StartTime = 0930;
input EndTime   = 0935;

def c = close(period = agg);
def o = open(period = agg);

def ORActive = if SecondsFromTime(StartTime) >= 0 and
                  SecondsFromTime(EndTime) < 0
               then 1
               else 0;

input length = 21;
def avgexp   = ExpAverage(close(period = agg), length);

def trend    = if oractive and !oractive[-1]
               then if O > avgexp and C > avgexp and C > O
                    then 1
                    else if O < avgexp and C < avgexp and C < O
                    then -1
                    else 0
               else trend[1];

input showbubbles = yes;
AddChartBubble(showbubbles and ORActive and !oractive[-1], high , "C: " + C + "\nBO: " + O , if C > O then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);
AddChartBubble(showbubbles and ORActive and !ORActive[-1], high , "C: " + C + "\nAV: " + avgexp, if C > avgexp then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);
AddChartBubble(showbubbles and ORActive and !ORActive[-1], high , "O: " + O + "\nAV: " + avgexp, if O > avgexp then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

AssignBackgroundColor(if trend > 0 then Color.DARK_GREEN else if trend < 0 then Color.DARK_RED else Color.GRAY );

#

Last edited:
Perhaps this is over simplification and not what you want, but based upon what you wrote as your conditions, I think it might.

The optional bubbles are used for testing purposes. The image shows the same figures were used for both the 1m and 5m charts. The colors may change during the development of the bars, but once the range is complete, the color should not change.
Hi SleepyZ,
Thank you very much for code, this has worked as per my requirement,
I have removed bubbles and used it as watchlist column.
working perfectly fine, Thank youuuuuuuu....

Thanks for reply,
This is watchlist column scan of 1st 5 Min bar. I want to take trades on position of 1st bar compared to ema21. If 1st bar opens below 21 ema and closes above ema21 then most likely that day stock will remain in positive zone and I will take long trades. same way reverse is true.
if OHLC is below ema21 and ema 21 < ema50 and red bar then stock will remain below ema21 most of the day. Same way reverse is true. But if OHLC is below ema21 and ema 21 > ema50 and green bar then likely stock will rally up. same way reverse is true.

Please someone help.
plot trend = !ORActive then 0 else if.... This is not working.
Can someone write full code, this will be helpful to all...
Thanks

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.