Auto Fib on Previous Bar(5 min, 10 min, etc.,)

jackjac2019

Hi, I am new to trading and learning on TOS SIM. I did went through lot of threads and learned a lot. Lot of bright and helpful people helping others like me. I have absolutely no programming experience. If anyone can help that is greatly appreciated.

1) Is it possible to draw auto fib lines on the previous 5 min bar (a) when the bar (b) starts.
2) Move on the auto fibs to the next 5 min bar (b) once that bar (a) closes and when a new bar(c) opens. Hide the old bar (a) fib's and so on.

I ask as I observed after the market slows down like after 10:30 AM EST, the price direction reacts/attracts to which co-efficient # the new bar opens and travels that side (mostly) giving a "POINT" or 2 on futures for scalping like /NQ (if it is really good bar like > 3 point bar and more.)

Thanks much.

Last edited:
Hi, I am new to trading and learning on TOS SIM. I did went through lot of threads and learned a lot. Lot of bright and helpful people helping others like me. I have absolutely no programming experience. If anyone can help that is greatly appreciated.

1) Is it possible to draw auto fib lines on the previous 5 min bar (a) when the bar (b) starts.
2) Move on the auto fibs to the next 5 min bar (b) once that bar (a) closes and when a new bar(c) opens. Hide the old bar (a) fib's and so on.

I ask as I observed after the market slows down like after 10:30 AM EST, the price direction reacts/attracts to which co-efficient # the new bar opens and travels that side (mostly) giving a "POINT" or 2 on futures for scalping like /NQ (if it is really good bar like > 3 point bar and more.)

Thanks much.

See if this helps. You can change the fib levels at the input screen to what you use.

Capture.jpg

Code:
def na = Double.NaN;
input onexpansion = yes;
input displace = 0;

input Fpos236 = .236;
input Fpos382 = .382;
input Fpos50  = .5;
input Fpos618 = .618;
input Fpos764 = .764;

def rhi =  if isnan(close) then rhi[1] else high[1];
def rlo =  if isnan(close) then rlo[1] else low[1];
def range  = rHi - rLo;
def F236   = rHi - (range * Fpos236);
def F382   = rHi - (range * Fpos382);
def F50    = rHi - (range * Fpos50);
def F618   = rHi - (range * Fpos618);
def F764   = rHi - (range * Fpos764);

plot ORH;
    plot ORL;  
    plot Fib50;
    plot Fib236;
    plot Fib382;
    plot Fib618;
    plot Fib764;
    ORH      = if onexpansion and !isnan(close) then double.nan else rhi;
    ORL      = if onexpansion and !isnan(close) then double.nan else rlo;
    Fib50    = if onexpansion and !isnan(close) then double.nan else F50;
    Fib236   = if onexpansion and !isnan(close) then double.nan else F236;
    Fib382   = if onexpansion and !isnan(close) then double.nan else F382;
    Fib618   = if onexpansion and !isnan(close) then double.nan else F618;
    Fib764   = if onexpansion and !isnan(close) then double.nan else F764;

ORH.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);
ORH.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
ORH.SetLineWeight(2);

ORL.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
ORL.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
ORL.SetLineWeight(2);

Fib50.SetDefaultColor(Color.WHITE);
Fib50.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
Fib50.SetLineWeight(1);

Fib236.SetDefaultColor(Color.CYAN);
Fib236.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
Fib236.SetLineWeight(1);

Fib382.SetDefaultColor(Color.MAGENTA);
Fib382.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
Fib382.SetLineWeight(1);

Fib618.SetDefaultColor(Color.YELLOW);
Fib618.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
Fib618.SetLineWeight(1);

Fib764.SetDefaultColor(Color.DARK_RED);
Fib764.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
Fib764.SetLineWeight(2);

input showfib_bubbles = yes;
input n = 5;
def  n1 = n +1;
AddChartBubble(showfib_bubbles and !IsNaN(close[n1 + if onexpansion then 1 else 0]) and IsNaN(close[n]), orh[n1], orh[n1], Color.green, yes);
AddChartBubble(showfib_bubbles and !IsNaN(close[n1 + if onexpansion then 1 else 0]) and IsNaN(close[n]), orl[n1], orl[n1], Color.red, no);
AddChartBubble(showfib_bubbles and !IsNaN(close[n1 + if onexpansion then 1 else 0]) and IsNaN(close[n]), fib618[n1], aspercent(fpos618), Color.cyan, yes);
AddChartBubble(showfib_bubbles and !IsNaN(close[n1 + if onexpansion then 1 else 0]) and IsNaN(close[n]), fib236[n1], aspercent(fpos236), Color.yellow, yes);
AddChartBubble(showfib_bubbles and !IsNaN(close[n1 + if onexpansion then 1 else 0]) and IsNaN(close[n]), fib50[n1], aspercent(fpos50), Color.yellow, yes);
AddChartBubble(showfib_bubbles and !IsNaN(close[n1 + if onexpansion then 1 else 0]) and IsNaN(close[n]), fib382[n1], aspercent(fpos382), Color.white, yes);
AddChartBubble(showfib_bubbles and !IsNaN(close[n1 + if onexpansion then 1 else 0]) and IsNaN(close[n]), fib764[n1], aspercent(fpos764), Color.yellow, yes);

Last edited:
@SleepyZ This is wonderful.

What I observed this afternoon on good long bars, using your code and using the limit order's.

If the price hits 61.8% from Bottom, it tries to go to 38.2%, but sometimes little short or over shoots.
If it hits 38.2% from Top, it tries to go to 61.8%, but sometimes little short or over shoots.
If it opens red below the 76.4%, it tries to go to the next level, but sometimes little short or over shoots.
If it open's Green above 23.6%, it tries to go to the next level, but sometimes little short or over shoots.

Your code will help me with my practice on TOS SIM/Paper trading. I guess Screen Time is the best training. Thanks Much.

Disclaimer: As usual this is all for practicing on Paper Trading to understand and not a trading advise for anyone. Trade at your own risk.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.