1 Minute Volume Bar Alert

vancount77

I am trying to create an alert that shows when the current volume bar exceeds the volume of the previous bar on a one minute chart. My diminishing eyesight makes it very hard to see the volume txt in the volume subgraph in ToS. And I find that unless there is a large volume difference between bars, it is often difficult for me to discern differences bwtween bars on just visual information. Thank you very much.

Solution
I am trying to create an alert that shows when the current volume bar exceeds the volume of the previous bar on a one minute chart. My diminishing eyesight makes it very hard to see the volume txt in the volume subgraph in ToS. And I find that unless there is a large volume difference between bars, it is often difficult for me to discern differences bwtween bars on just visual information. Thank you very much.

This code is placed in the volume pane. It has a bubble and/or audio/visual alert. The bubble or alert when turned on will activate only when the volume of the current bar is greater than the prior bar. The bubble can be moved sideways by the bars input at the bubblemover.

Capture.jpg

Ruby:
input...

This code is placed in the volume pane. It has a bubble and/or audio/visual alert. The bubble or alert when turned on will activate only when the volume of the current bar is greater than the prior bar. The bubble can be moved sideways by the bars input at the bubblemover.

Ruby:
input showbubble_volume_bar = yes;
input bubblemover_volume_bar = 3;
def   m = bubblemover_volume_bar;
def   m1 = m + 1;
AddChartBubble(showbubble_volume_bar and IsNaN(volume[m]) and !IsNaN(volume[m1]) and volume[m1] > volume[m1 + 1], 0, volume[m1] - volume[m1 + 1] + "\n" + AsPercent((volume[m1] - volume[m1 + 1]) / volume[m1 + 1]),  Color.RED);

input alert_on = no;
Alert(alert_on and volume > volume[1], "High Volume", Alert.BAR, Sound.Bell);

This code is placed in the upper price pane and then bubble will appear again only appear when activated as the volume of the current bar is greater than the prior bar. Again the bubble can be moved sideways

Ruby:
input showbubble_price_bar  = yes;
input bubblemover_price_bar = 3;
def   m= bubblemover_price_bar;
def   m1=m+1;
AddChartBubble(showbubble_price_bar and IsNaN(close[m]) and !isnan(close[m1]) and volume[m1] > volume[m1+1], close[m1], volume[m1] - volume[m1+1] + "\n" + aspercent((volume[m1]-volume[m1+1])/volume[m1+1]),  Color.red);

Solution

This code is placed in the upper price pane and then bubble will appear again only appear when activated as the volume of the current bar is greater than the prior bar. Again the bubble can be moved sideways
Thank you so much for writing this. I am very grateful for you and this community. I have been using it this week and it works very well. The only addtional quation I have is - Is there anyway that the volume bars that are larger than the previos bars can stay flagged or marked? All record of previous bars disappears with the priniting of a new bar. So it is still very hard for me to see the bars on any kind if historical basis. Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for writing this. I am very grateful for you and this community. I have been using it this week and it works very well. The only addtional quation I have is - Is there anyway that the volume bars that are larger than the previos bars can stay flagged or marked? All record of previous bars disappears with the priniting of a new bar. So it is still very hard for me to see the bars on any kind if historical basis. Thank you so much!

You're welcome! See if this helps for your historical look:

Ruby:
input showbubble_volume_bar = yes;
AddChartBubble(showbubble_volume_bar and volume > volume[1], volume, volume - volume[1] + "\n" + AsPercent((volume - volume[1]) / volume[1]),  Color.RED);

Hi,

I have modified the VolumeAvg script to customize the volume bar color below is my code. I don't see any error in the code.
After applying the modification I dont see the volume bars in the volume panel. Any input on this?

Thanks in advance
Umasankar
=============
declare lower;
declare zerobase;

input length = 50;

plot Vol = volume;
plot VolAvg = Average(volume, length);

Vol.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
Vol.SetLineWeight(3);
Vol.AssignValueColor(if close > close[1] and Vol < 50000 then Vol.color("UPTICK") else if close > close[1] and Vol >= 50000 then Vol.color("DARK_GREEN") else if close < close[1] and Vol < 50000 then Vol.color("DOWNTICK") else if close < close[1] and Vol >= 50000 then Vol.color("DARL_RED") else GetColor(1));
VolAvg.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(8));
==============

Hi,

I have modified the VolumeAvg script to customize the volume bar color below is my code. I don't see any error in the code.
After applying the modification I dont see the volume bars in the volume panel. Any input on this?

Thanks in advance
Umasankar
=============
declare lower;
declare zerobase;

input length = 50;

plot Vol = volume;

Vol.SetLineWeight(3);
Vol.AssignValueColor(if close > close[1] and Vol < 50000 then Vol.color("UPTICK") else if close > close[1] and Vol >= 50000 then Vol.color("DARK_GREEN") else if close < close[1] and Vol < 50000 then Vol.color("DOWNTICK") else if close < close[1] and Vol >= 50000 then Vol.color("DARL_RED") else GetColor(1));
==============

Your Vol.color() code needed to be defined to use it the way you are coding. See definecolor in the manual for examples.

The following modification to your code works without the need for the definecolor optional method.

Ruby:
declare lower;
declare zerobase;

input length = 50;

plot Vol = volume;

Vol.SetLineWeight(3);
Vol.definecolor("DARK_RED", color.darK_RED);
Vol.AssignValueColor(if close > close[1] and Vol < 50000 then color.UPTICK else if close > close[1] and Vol >= 50000 then color.DARK_GREEN else if close < close[1] and Vol < 50000 then color.DOWNTICK else if close < close[1] and Vol >= 50000 then color.DARK_RED else GetColor(1));

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.