What is this indicator ?

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
I have noticed a lot of people want to use only arrows as signals to trade. Some fancy dan arrow studies have shown up. So can anyone identify this "super duper complicated" arrow indicator.

There is a hint in the text above.

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
OK seems no one wants to participate. The point is most times fancy indicators are not necessary. Anyone think it is the Market Mover or Reversal indicator ? NOPE The answer is the 21 SMA with arrows turned on.

Who would have guessed. I can post loads of arrows studies if anyone is interested and ya'll can guess. Could be a nice learning game. Let me know of any interest.

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
Who can identify the Magic Arrow Study ? How many think magic arrows is the Holy Grail of trading? If you had to buy the study or join a group to get it , would you? Do you or would you pay for trade alerts ( buy and sell )?

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
@cherif Take a guess. Answer the questions. And we shall see. This is a survey and learning thing not just give you an arrow.

C

cherif

@cherif Take a guess. Answer the questions. And we shall see. This is a survey and learning thing not just give you an arrow.
@horserider, i think this is hi-lo breakout based upon the first 15 min candle hi and lo

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
@cherif Do you mean the Hi Lo Reversal ?

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
@cherif Nope that uses zig zag and repaints. This is based on only one indicator. Very simple. Much like the 21 SMA I posted previously. It does use a SMA and compares historical price from a lookback based on length of SMA. That is a clue for you.

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
@icmoflow Nice try but not correct. Thanks for participating. Another clue, The proposed use of the indicator was to see historical places in time where a stock would peak or trough( cycle). Then you could anticipate this happening again by measuring time between those and projecting it to predict when a new cycle may occur.

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
Nope. But oscillator is. And it does not follow trends.

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
@Nick Hmmm interesting but nope. The last clue was oscillator was in the name and next clue , price is too. And it does not follow trends. Thanks for the guess.

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
@Nick @markos @icmoflow @cherif Sorry forgot about this one. Thanks for participating. Feel free to ask questions or comment. So the answer is Detrended Price Oscillator.

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
@ajsimon_us Sorry, no. Look above it is already revealed. Post 16

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
markos Indicators 0
BenTen Custom 4
ebtrader Indicators 14
AGD Indicators 3
markos Indicators 4