Volume Pressure In Line Format For ThinkOrSwim

UpTwoBucks

EDUCATOR
mod note:
FYI:
The ToS data feeds do not provide buying and selling volume.
This is a volume pressure indicator which make an assumption as to buyers and sellers.
Bullish candlestick patterns == buyers and Bearish == sellers.

To see all volume pressure indicators:
https://usethinkscript.com/search/1...1&c[nodes][0]=3&c[title_only]=1&o=replies&g=1
-----------------------------------------------

I took the Volume Pressure bars and converted them to lines. This script essentially creates a visual representation of the cumulative buying and selling volumes, allowing traders to analyze the dominance of buyers or sellers over time in line formation. Green represents cumulative buying volume, and red represents cumulative selling volume. The script could be useful for identifying trends and potential reversal points based on the balance between buying and selling pressure. Don't miss this one. It's a money maker.

Note: This indicator may have blank spots under low volume conditions. I refer to buyers and sellers as the lines but in reality it is volume with price moving up I refer to as (buyers) and volume with price moving down I refer to as (Sellers). Using these terms makes it easier for the user to understand.

Shared Link: https://tos.mx/iuFYvvZ

Code:
# © Coder, Ricky Gaspard, Cumulative Buying and Selling Volume Pressure. This indicator takes total volume pressure and calculates if buying or selling pressure are dominating price direction.  11/12/2023.

declare lower;

input Agg = { default IntraDay, All };

def day = GetDay();

# Calculate buying and selling volume
def Denominator = high - low;
def Buying = if Denominator != 0 then volume * (close - low) / Denominator else 0;
def Selling = if Denominator != 0 then volume * (high - close) / Denominator else 0;

# Calculate cumulative buying and selling volumes
def CumulativeBuying = sum(Buying, 20);
def CumulativeSelling = sum(Selling, 20);

# Plot area chart for cumulative volumes
plot AreaBuying = CumulativeBuying;
AreaBuying.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);
AreaBuying.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE);
AreaBuying.SetLineWeight(2);

plot AreaSelling = CumulativeSelling;
AreaSelling.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
AreaSelling.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE);
AreaSelling.SetLineWeight(2);

dominator.png

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

mod note:
FYI:
The ToS data feeds do not provide buying and selling volume.
This is a volume pressure indicator which make an assumption as to buyers and sellers.
Bullish candlestick patterns == buyers and Bearish == sellers.

To see all volume pressure indicators:
https://usethinkscript.com/search/1...1&c[nodes][0]=3&c[title_only]=1&o=replies&g=1
-----------------------------------------------

I took the Volume Pressure bars and converted them to lines. This script essentially creates a visual representation of the cumulative buying and selling volumes, allowing traders to analyze the dominance of buyers or sellers over time in line formation. Green represents cumulative buying volume, and red represents cumulative selling volume. The script could be useful for identifying trends and potential reversal points based on the balance between buying and selling pressure. Don't miss this one. It's a money maker.

Note: This indicator may have blank spots under low volume conditions. I refer to buyers and sellers as the lines but in reality it is volume with price moving up I refer to as (buyers) and volume with price moving down I refer to as (Sellers). Using these terms makes it easier for the user to understand.

Shared Link: https://tos.mx/iuFYvvZ

Code:
# © Coder, Ricky Gaspard, Cumulative Buying and Selling Volume Pressure. This indicator takes total volume pressure and calculates if buying or selling pressure are dominating price direction.  11/12/2023.

declare lower;

input Agg = { default IntraDay, All };

def day = GetDay();

# Calculate buying and selling volume
def Denominator = high - low;
def Buying = if Denominator != 0 then volume * (close - low) / Denominator else 0;
def Selling = if Denominator != 0 then volume * (high - close) / Denominator else 0;

# Calculate cumulative buying and selling volumes
def CumulativeBuying = sum(Buying, 20);
def CumulativeSelling = sum(Selling, 20);

# Plot area chart for cumulative volumes
plot AreaBuying = CumulativeBuying;
AreaBuying.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);
AreaBuying.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE);
AreaBuying.SetLineWeight(2);

plot AreaSelling = CumulativeSelling;
AreaSelling.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
AreaSelling.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.LINE);
AreaSelling.SetLineWeight(2);

View attachment 20257
Thank you for sharing this.

Your code is just copies of other member's work, but you already knew that.
This thread's code was already provided by @Jman831 in 2022
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/buy-and-sell-volume-pressure-for-thinkorswim.11739/
but you already knew that.
This is a pattern of yours. You should just reference the real creators and stop using others work for your own ideas. I have watched you do this for a while now in order to gain followers on your YouTube channel. Sad really.

Last edited by a moderator:
@METAL
Actually I'm glad you brought this to my attention. I'm not here to take anyone's code.

I had several coders looking in to creating this code. It could have been gotten it here.
Sorry, I should have checked into it before posting. Being a part of usethhinkscript.com, I can see where this could happen. My apology to the creator and will verify if this is his code. If so, I will gladly reference him.

I will keep an eye out for codes I receive and will reference the creator once I verify.

I do believe the apology and reference is a step in the right direction and I would gladly get behind you on your quest as you do do a great job of instruction on these indicators.

The reason that @UpTwoBucks is a valued member of the forum and has the title, of educator, is his videos and explanations.

That is why his video posts have their own thread and stand as original creations. As you pointed out, while the code is not original, his unique, superior ability to make technical charting understandable to newer traders is.

It appears that @UpTwoBucks was not trying to be rude. Now that he realizes his faux pax; it sounds like future threads will have the proper acknowledgments.

FYI, @Jman831's code shown in this thread, as well as, all @Jman831's other scripts are some of the best in the forum!

Last edited: