• Get $30 off VIP with code SUMMER30. Ends July 27. Happy trading!

View Option Chart for Specific Strike in ThinkorSwim

3AMBH

2019 Donor
Some traders may not know how to do this. You can set this up on a 2 chart side by side Layout if you want to.

You can do what I show here. Go to Options Chain and set up the header area by inserting Option Code of the option you are watching into the field. See below. Copy the code to your clipboard

Y6Ol3zH.png

Make sure the area where the arrow points is blank

Click on it to put the cursor in it and then Hit CTRL V at the same time to paste the Option Code into the chart window address box.

P9CpOfv.png

On your platform you can do side by side charts and watch the symbol chart on the left for example and watch the Option Chart on the right. The chart on the right would be of the Strike Price you want to watch.

video that shows a lot more and excellent How To

Last edited:

mc01439

2019 Donor
VIP
Some traders may not know how to do this. You can set this up on a 2 chart side by side Layout if you want to.

You can do what I show here. Go to Options Chain and set up the header area by inserting Option Code of the option you are watching into the field. See below. Copy the code to your clipboard

Y6Ol3zH.png

Make sure the area where the arrow points is blank

Click on it to put the cursor in it and then Hit CTRL V at the same time to paste the Option Code into the chart window address box.

P9CpOfv.png

On your platform you can do side by side charts and watch the symbol chart on the left for example and watch the Option Chart on the right. The chart on the right would be of the Strike Price you want to watch.

video that shows a lot more and excellent How To

Thanks for taking your time.
Regards
3AMBH

I am using https://imgur.com/ (FREE) to save my screen shot/photos to be able to upload here.

Great Idea! Pete Hahn has a number of great TOS videos on youtube.

3AMBH

2019 Donor
Is there anyway to set up the TOS Option Chain so that when an expiration window is open and the chain is showing the ITM strike price lines are colored blue for both puts and calls?

tendie_hunter

Im wondering if there is a way to insert the option chain by the main chart and show the last price.
I know there is a way to show option strikes in setting but cant really figure out how to get prices.

Thank you

EXAMPLE:

test.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wildeye

Hi there,

Basically, i've scanned a bunch of options and would like to quickly jump to the option chain of a specific option that i've scanned. Is there a way to do that in ThinkorSwim or perhaps a code that can launch me directly to the option chain?

Thanks!

rad14733

VIP
Hi there,

Basically, i've scanned a bunch of options and would like to quickly jump to the option chain of a specific option that i've scanned. Is there a way to do that in ThinkorSwim or perhaps a code that can launch me directly to the option chain?

Thanks!

No, not in the way you have described... There is no way to reverse link from option to underlying... You need to extrapolate, visually, the underlying symbol from the option and then manually type that into the Trade panel... I have a Watchlist that runs scans on underling based on my own criteria which displays the options I might potentially want to trade depending on underlying performance... How I use it is that if I hone in on an underlying I can select an appropriate option from that Watchlist... Sometimes I use it and sometimes I just go to the Trade tab...

wildeye

No, not in the way you have described... There is no way to reverse link from option to underlying... You need to extrapolate, visually, the underlying symbol from the option and then manually type that into the Trade panel... I have a Watchlist that runs scans on underling based on my own criteria which displays the options I might potentially want to trade depending on underlying performance... How I use it is that if I hone in on an underlying I can select an appropriate option from that Watchlist... Sometimes I use it and sometimes I just go to the Trade tab...
Thanks for your reply! Hmm is there a way to create a label code on an options chart showing the volume and price of another option? For example, say i'm looking at the option chart for X - $15 Call - April 16, 2021, can i create a "addLabel" to show me the price and volume of X - $13 Puts - April 16, 2021? Or is that just way too complicated for ToS to handle?

rad14733

VIP
Thanks for your reply! Hmm is there a way to create a label code on an options chart showing the volume and price of another option? For example, say i'm looking at the option chart for X - $15 Call - April 16, 2021, can i create a "addLabel" to show me the price and volume of X - $13 Puts - April 16, 2021? Or is that just way too complicated for ToS to handle?

Without manually inputting the desired option code it would be hard to have Thinkscript automatically calculate the exact option you desire... That is why I use a Watchlist based on a Scan that automatically updates... What does your trading system setup consist of by chance...??? I run multiple windows on my laptop and also have a three display trading system with multiple windows on each display, as I have described previously in several topics...