Unusual Options Activity Scanner

Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
Hey Guys....I'm starting this thread to post UOA alerts that I receive so you can also see where the "smart money" traders are positioning their bets.

Be Sure to follow this thread so you can be alerted to the newest UOA alerts as I post them.

If you need to see the images better, right click on them and select open image in new tab

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
NEW UOA Alert. This one came in today right before market close. I think someone is betting for a GAP UP or an upthrust candle on $SNAP out the gate tomorrow morning. Might be a good one to watchlist. :)

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
UOA on $CRC, $MU, $NVDA - These all came in within the last 45 mins.

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
Recent #bullish and #bearish UOA activity - $AAPL $EA $SNBR - detected yesterday. $TWTR detected at market close on 2/13.

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
This is the original post from our Discord Channel on 2/17/2019 at 4:00pm:

@everyone I wanted to bring this to your attention. On Friday, 19 minutes before the market closed, a trader made a $960,000 BEARISH bet on $ASND buying OUT OF THE MONEY PUTS that expire on 3/15/19. What makes this super interesting is that, 1.) The trader wanted into the position ASAP so he purchased $960,000 worth of PUTS ON THE ASK. 2.) The trader didn't even try to get filled on the bid or at the mid point. 3.) Now think about this, because the bid/ask spread was SUPER WIDE at the time he executed the trade (3.50 x 4.80), he literally sacrificed $260,000 to slippage to get into the trade immediately. Now I wonder...why didn't he just wait and enter the trade on Tuesday so he could get filled at the mid or on the bid? It's because he wants to be in for the price action move at the opening bell on Tuesday...that's why. Now the only person that is going to sacrifice OVER A QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS to slippage on a $960,000 trade is someone who believes this thing is going to move to the point that the $260,000 will be small in comparison to what he will make on the trade overall. Another thing that's got me scratching my head is what does he know that the rest of us don't....because the charts looks SUPER BULLISH on the daily as well as intra-day. He is betting almost $1,000,000 to the downside. This is what makes UOA so interesting. Does he have insider knowledge that something's going to happen to force this stock to go down in the next 30 days..? Is he trying to hedge a stock position he has in the company because he knows bad news is coming? It definitely makes you wonder since the PUTS he purchased are $33 OTM and the ATR on this stock is only $2.83. Something's up and I'll be watching this thing closely. If it starts to tank anytime within the next 30 days, I'll definitely jump in to PUTS and ride it down along with this trader. Anywho...sorry for the long post but I thought you guys might find this to be as interesting as I did.

$ASND - New bearish unusual activity detected - $960,000 Trade Executed 19 minutes before Market Close on Friday 2/15/19

2,000 of $45 ASND 2019-03-15 PUT options traded for $960,000 (bought on the ask when stock $71.96 for $4.80).

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
$GRMN - New BEARISH unusual activity detected - $536,210 Trade Executed 45 mins ago.

1,849 of $72 GRMN 2019-03-15 put options traded for $536,210 (bought on the ask when stock $71.11 for $2.90).

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
$GILD - BEARISH UOA detected - $107k Trade Executed Today: 1,400 of $65 PUTS Exp 2019-03-15 traded for $107,800 on the ask for $0.77

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
$KRE - New BEARISH unusual activity detected - $590,000 Trade Executed 90 mins Before Market Close.

10,000 of $55 KRE (ATM) 2019-03-15 PUT options traded for $590,000 (bought on the ask when stock $56.59 for $0.59).

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
$HAL - New BULLISH unusual activity detected at - $22,910,000 Trade Executed 12:52pm EST.

58,000 of $28.5 HAL 2019-02-22 call options traded for $22,910,000 (bought on the ask when stock $32.56 for $3.95).

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
$HSBC - New BULLISH unusual activity detected at - $504,000 Trade Executed AT 12:56pm EST.

700 of $35 (ITM) CALLS exp. 2019-03-15 traded for $504,000 (bought on the ask when stock $42.13 for $7.20).

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
@everyone There was another large BULLISH $HSBC options trade made today 2 hours before market close.

$HSBC - New bullish unusual activity detected at - $511,000 Trade Executed ar 2:16pm EST.

700 of $35 (ITM) CALLS Exp. 2019-03-15 traded for $511,000 (bought on the ask when stock $42.15 for $7.30).

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
$TWTR - New BEARISH unusual activity detected - $530,280 Trade Executed ar 2:36pm EST.

1,964 of $34 (ATM) PUTS Exp. 2019-02-22 traded for $530,280 (bought on the ask when stock $31.35 for $2.70).

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
$TSLA - New BULLISH unusual activity detected - $553,840 Trade Executed 2/21/19 at 12:46pm EST.

989 of $297.5 TSLA 2019-02-22 call options traded for $553,840 (bought on the ask when stock $297.14 for $5.60).

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
Hey Guys....stay tuned...as I will be posting some serious UOA flow from Friday's session as well as some other gems I found from last weeks overall flow and UOA. There are some nice potential plays I am looking at based on SM positioning. As always, the charts must confirm the bias but things look good. Check back soon for this info or follow this thread to be alerted to new posts. 😁

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
On Friday, $BABA - Saw HUGE call buying. The smart money traders were positioning themselves for positive news on a China trade deal.

Also, there was an Equity Block traded in the Dark Pools:

Time - Ticker - Quantity - Spot Price - Trade

3:17pm - BABA - 300,000 - $175.97 - $53M

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
On Friday, we saw a BIG bearish bet on $CRM 15 mins before market close. The smart money trader betting just shy of $1MIL on ATM PUTS exp. 3/15/19.

Also...this is Interesting.!! Other traders were following the same $CRM 160 PUTS (same strike/expiration) on the ASK, as the smartmoney trader was.

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
$JD - On Friday, we were still seeing bullish accumulation coming in on both the options and the equity prints.

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
On Friday right before market close, $NIO had TONS of call buying going through. Bullish traders options bets were favoring the 3/15/19 expiration.

Last edited:
Ace_Trader

Ace_Trader

VIP
Warehouse
Now guys, this is interesting....On Friday, right before market close we saw SM traders SWEEPING $TQQQ with some BIG Bullish option bets. $1.1M on options expiring next Friday.

Now here's the interesting part....$TQQQ is a 3x leveraged ETF that tracks the NASDAQ.

So...what does this mean...??

Well for every $1 the $QQQ moves to the upside, the $TQQQ ETF moves $3. These guys are not only betting $1Mil on their bullish bias on the NASDAQ, but they are betting it on a highly volatile 3x leveraged ETF...so they will make 3x MORE MONEY if they're right. Now that's the power of Smart Money Traders....!!!

Now to add a final piece to the puzzle to make it complete...these trades were all SWEEPERS meaning they were definitely opening new bullish positions on the $TQQQ.

Also, at this time, other traders were opening starter positions in the $QQQ.

Even if you are not interested in trading the $QQQ directly, this can be a GREAT PRECURSOR to the NASDAQ going up in the short term which means all of the tech and FANG names will catch fire as well...so watch those tickers like $AMZN, $AAPL, $NFLX, $NVDA, $ADBE, $TSLA, etc. as they all move with the NASDAQ.

To add even more gas to the fire, look for those Tech and FANG names that have the highest Relative Strength versus the NASDAQ (QQQ's) and you'll really catch some fire to the upside if these "Samrt Money" traders are right on their $1.1 Million prediction.

Trade Well Y'all.

Last edited: