Try this NQ Strategy + Code for ThinkorSwim

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@tradeidea20 First comment is about the strategy this post is about. The second comment is one I have yet to post. Determining the best way to do it. You really need $100K to run it effectively. You can do it with far less (even less than $10K). But there are factors that come into play a few times in a calendar year that require "buffers". I am worried too many people would run it with small accounts. Just weighing the approach at the moment to determine the best roll out.

@AlgoTrader77 you can tell everyone to test it on paper account first to get comfortable and then micros and then mini for people who dont have the 100K account.. You are making me really curious please share some details? thanks for quick response i really appreciate it.

Also the ones used in this post is when volatility was high due to covid but since now its more of range and slow would this is still work or do i need to make some change to test it? thanks!

Can someone help code when the line changes color?
Are you still testing? what time frame are you using? thanks!

@tradeidea20 No. Testing is not necessary. I trade live. Time is not a factor. Only price and managing entries and exits. I would need to do an entire webinar to teach it. Better to build automation - trust me :cool:

@tradeidea20 No. Testing is not necessary. I trade live. Time is not a factor. Only price and managing entries and exits. I would need to do an entire webinar to teach it. Better to build automation - trust me :cool:
I cant wait to hear from you next.. It will be even more awesome if you can share until automation with wat you are doing as it seems what you are doing in something great. If possible for you until automation can you please share it with a small video or some text and pictures.?? pleasee please

@AlgoTrader77 very sorry to hear about loss. That's very sad.

I came across your strategy. Yes it is incredible simple, but I like simple and clear rules. Maybe I have a solution to filter out the noise and sideway markets.

In the screenshot I added the EMA55 of the Highs and Lows (cyan). If the signal line is in between the 2 EMAs, do not take the trades (white rectangle). If the signal line is above or below the 2 EMAs take the trades (green and red rectangles).

I will do a small backtest over the weekend, how it works.

q5gJQCU.png

@samoya Interesting. Do you think this could filter out bad signals on a moving average crossover strategy? I've been looking for a way to do this with an 8ema and 20sma cross.

@samoya Interesting. Do you think this could filter out bad signals on a moving average crossover strategy? I've been looking for a way to do this with an 8ema and 20sma cross.
For me its much clearer to see sideways moves when I use EMAs Highs and Lows. Even with crossovers. If the crossover is in between the EMAS its a bad signal. You can use that in any market.

For me its much clearer to see sideways moves when I use EMAs Highs and Lows. Even with crossovers. If the crossover is in between the EMAS its a bad signal. You can use that in any market.
Which ema high and low would you recommend for a 2000 tick chart?

Let me share the results of my small backtest using my idea from # 107

I did it manually. The rules are explained in the screenshot.
  • 10 trading days.
  • 111 trades
  • 64 winning trades (58.18%)
  • 46 loosing trades (41.82%)
  • 7 winning days
  • 3 loosing days
  • Profit: $ 7,545
But entering the trade when close is above or below the EMAs55 is too late. A lot of possible positive trades entered too late. But even with the delay the results are very good. Also the 2. Target using the EMAs55 is not perfect. What I recognized is, it would be better to use a 10 point trailing stop for the exit. The SL and 1. Target. with 10 points worked fine. Maybe we can work on the finetune of the entries and exits.

Any suggestions?

Xa5cbet.png

Maybe this an approach to filter out some noise.

I added the McGinley indicator.
  • Long only when McGinley is below the Signal line
  • Short only when McGinley is above the Signal line

sEgdrW9.png