TOS scan with updated indicator

tatrader

Here is the situation. I have 3 custom studies (1,2 and 3) that are referenced in the scanner to search for stock candidates. All 3 must be satisfied to yield hits.
This combination of studies is saved as a custom scan set that can be loaded later.

Now, assume that I leave the scanner and go the "charts" screen to look at the results of study 1 in a lower window while looking a a particular stock. Still in charts, I open study 1 and revise the script and view the results of the revised script in the lower window of the charts menu. If I then go back to the scanner and run a scan with studies 1,2 and 3, as originally entered, would the scanner run the study 1 function using the prior script for study 1 or would the scanner use the study 1 with the just revised script?

Does the scanner only use the custom script as existed at the time it was entered into the scanner originally, or does it automatically pick up later changes made to the study outside of the scanner when new scans are run? Assume that the study name has not changed.

Solution
Here is the situation. I have 3 custom studies (1,2 and 3) that are referenced in the scanner to search for stock candidates. All 3 must be satisfied to yield hits.
This combination of studies is saved as a custom scan set that can be loaded later.

Now, assume that I leave the scanner and go the "charts" screen to look at the results of study 1 in a lower window while looking a a particular stock. Still in charts, I open study 1 and revise the script and view the results of the revised script in the lower window of the charts menu. If I then go back to the scanner and run a scan with studies 1,2 and 3, as originally entered, would the scanner run the study 1 function using the prior script for study 1 or would the scanner use...
To be honest, I am not sure what happens if you do this, and then run the scan directly from the stock hacker window. It might run the latest versions of the scripts as is. I never use the lists from that window directly though... But, if you're using a saved scan query as a watch list, you would have to save the query over again once you change the scripts. Hitting save, and then overwriting the same query name should take care of it. It will often take a minute or so to update the watchlist though.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Now, assume that I leave the scanner and go the "charts" screen to look at the results of study 1 in a lower window while looking a a particular stock. Still in charts, I open study 1 and revise the script and view the results of the revised script in the lower window of the charts menu. If I then go back to the scanner and run a scan with studies 1,2 and 3, as originally entered, would the scanner run the study 1 function using the prior script for study 1 or would the scanner use the study 1 with the just revised script?

Does the scanner only use the custom script as existed at the time it was entered into the scanner originally, or does it automatically pick up later changes made to the study outside of the scanner when new scans are run? Assume that the study name has not changed.
Per TOS documentation, the scan hacker does not update when a script is revised. The scan hacker edit window needs to be opened and then clicked on saved once again, in order to have the scan hacker updated with the revised code.

Solution
MeryyDay, thanks for the answer. So after I update a script, I will delete it as a required study in the scanner, and enter the name of the study again into the scanner so that the scanner will pick up the current script.