thinkorswim vs. Fidelity Active Trader Pro

AwesomeTrader42

Is there anybody else who is also a Fidelity customer, and if you are, do you have any helpful tips for going back and forth using the two different platforms? I'm finding it very challenging to try to learn how to use both at the same time. Thanks in advance.

I use TOS (charting), Webull (charting, level 2) and I use ATP (Trade Armor and Direct Trade for lvl 2) for trades. I also have 10 monitor setup, so plenty of view real estate.

ATP charts and indicators are basic, but they have pretty good research and fantastic options tools.

Generally, if something is making your ability to watch the charts and make trades difficult, you should avoid it. I can't imagine the benefit you get from trying to use two systems. Professional and/or full-time traders that are highly successful typically don't do things like that because it doesn't really make sense.

I'd advise you to learn to use one of the systems like a pro and get everything you can out of it.

If you're looking for something more capable than TOS, try NinjaTrader. They have a free version and free data. It's a great platform, but there's a learning curve. Very powerful though. I still prefer TOS charts, so I stick with it.

I use TOS and Fidelity, here is how i do it. I use the trade armor to manage my trades, so i can easily and quickly move stops and sell points(Im a scalper). I use a program called deskpins so i can pin the window so it stays on top.

In my 40 years in the financial markets, I have never met a professional trader ( and I know several dozen of them ) that uses either of those platforms, but again, whatever works for the individual. TOS is good for all retail traders, fidelity, I don't know anyone that uses it. Most non-professional traders that I know use TOS for charting, but other platforms with better fills and better commissions for actual trading. That is what I do. But, at the retail level, it is not about what you use, but about whether or not your "P" is bigger than your "L", and that your "P" profits justify the time you spend, the amount of money you need to produce and the ratio of investment to profits. Keeping it simple has always been my mantra, and it has worked well in all of my endeavours. Good luck !! Scott (PS - if you are really serious, get a Bloomberg terminal to stay really plugged in to the financial markets)

Is there anybody else who is also a Fidelity customer, and if you are, do you have any helpful tips for going back and forth using the two different platforms? I'm finding it very challenging to try to learn how to use both at the same time. Thanks in advance.
I also use TOS for charting and Fidelity for trading. I mostly trade options. I have TOS on one monitor and Fidelity on the other monitor. TOS is by far a much better platform. I am thinking of trading with Schwab instead. It would make much more sense than using 2 systems. You cannot trade 0DTE options on Fidelity. You can do so on TOS.

I use TOS (charting), Webull (charting, level 2) and I use ATP (Trade Armor and Direct Trade for lvl 2) for trades. I also have 10 monitor setup, so plenty of view real estate.

ATP charts and indicators are basic, but they have pretty good research and fantastic options tools.
That is crazy! 10 monitors?! Must be cool looking - but why on God's green earth do you need so many? I am trying to envision what that would look like. I have a 4 monitor system and that is just right.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.