ThinkOrSwim Auto Trading Bot

C

codydog

@StockT8er - I hope you'll keep posting your work, none of us know where the next advance in thinking, coding, trading etc comes from. I appreciate your efforts and the others who post, thanks again.

Adeodatus

Adeodatus

I don't believe anyone needs or wants to lose trades. Its fact we don't ever trade to lose. So when someone posts a profit with an auto-bot trading strategy, everyone and all their brothers, uncles and nephews, cousins and their girlfriends want in. Well, it just doesn't happen all the time, and if we were to saturate the markets with bots, it tends to be a condition where halts and SEC investigations begin. So we keep it to ourselves, we try to understand the possibility, and we move on from there, hoping that maybe someday we'll be able to sit around, play golf, get fat, play tennis, bar-b-Que & drink beer, and watch the numbers add up. Until then, we keep trying

E

enrgynix

VIP
Hey whats up @irishgold? Are you still interested in getting this strategy automated? Email me when you get a chance.

I am also using a tweaked CSA strategy and I'm looking to collab with folks interested in trading bots.

-Matthew

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alphabeta

@trader54 I do have good back test strategy kindly dm me

I

irishgold

@enrgynix I’m on discord at dclancy#4379 I have been trying to code ninjatrader with some success but tos code works in theory much better. CSA and the trend do have repaint issues I’m very interested in automating

A

alphabeta

Hey whats up @irishgold? Are you still interested in getting this strategy automated? Email me when you get a chance.

I am also using a tweaked CSA strategy and I'm looking to collab with folks interested in trading bots.

-Matthew
hi i am interested in automatic trading bot

B

birdie123

@trader54 I am very interesting in your auto trading bot. Is there any update? Thanks for your contribution.

J

jpthegreek1

I hope you are doing well. I have a strategy I would like to try. How do I use your bot

B

Bobbydigital83

VIP
Me personally, I think he was just tricking people into giving their strategies to him so he could run with it.
He seemed way to eager to "test" strategies while being very secretive with his auto trading program.

M

MMTrader

Hey there - I am new to TOS and assume from this thread that there isn't a native way in thinkScript to automated strategies. Is this a valid assumption?

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
Hey there - I am new to TOS and assume from this thread that there isn't a native way in thinkScript to automated strategies. Is this a valid assumption?
Yes and No... While TOS doesn't have built in automated trading, per se, you can automate trade Entries and Exits using Conditional Orders... The caveat is that once initiated an Entry and Exit process is not repeated, meaning that you have to re-initiated the Conditional Order manually for every trade cycle... You are also limited in what criteria and studies you can include in your Conditional Orders...

M

MMTrader

Thanks for the reply @rad14733 .
A couple of follow up questions:

Do the conditional orders work with custom studies?
Has TOS ever indicated having the capability to send orders from a dynamic scan in their roadmap?

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
Thanks for the reply @rad14733 .
A couple of follow up questions:

Do the conditional orders work with custom studies?
Has TOS ever indicated having the capability to send orders from a dynamic scan in their roadmap?
You can only select TOS licensed studies... Complex studies with aggregation usually won't work... You can use custom study code but it needs to be written in the conditional order code section rather than being referenced and there are no guarantees that it will work... I spent a couple days with online support through TOS trying to get some code working and even support staff couldn't definitively pin down issues, most likely aggregation related, so I dropped the auto-trade idea I was working on and haven't made additional attempts to date...

I am not aware of any intentions by TD Ameritrade to head deeper into the auto-trading realm... They do, however, allow you to link up with third party auto-trading systems... There is a section on the TDA site that addresses this feature...

M

MMTrader

@rad14733 Thanks again for the reply. Doesn't sound very promising. :unsure:

A

adii800

I don't believe anyone needs or wants to lose trades. Its fact we don't ever trade to lose. So when someone posts a profit with an auto-bot trading strategy, everyone and all their brothers, uncles and nephews, cousins and their girlfriends want in. Well, it just doesn't happen all the time, and if we were to saturate the markets with bots, it tends to be a condition where halts and SEC investigations begin. So we keep it to ourselves, we try to understand the possibility, and we move on from there, hoping that maybe someday we'll be able to sit around, play golf, get fat, play tennis, bar-b-Que & drink beer, and watch the numbers add up. Until then, we keep trying

Pure Poetry 😁

M

MrDrB

VIP
@trader54 I have a consistently profitable strategy coded in thinkscript that I would be interested in using your tool for. I'm currently soliciting python developers to re-create this in python using the tda-api lib. Please DM me if you'd like to discuss. Thanks

T

tradedaily

@trader54. Very interested in this script. Can we chat privately maybe we can help each other out?

Thank you.