Stock to ETF(s)

Traderschool

Does anyone know if it's possible to display a stock's ETF(s)?
If not, is it possible to upload a spreadsheet and then reference it? (I have a stock to major ETF (SPY/QQQ/DIA) and major sector ETF (XLK/XLY/XLF, et. al))

Solution
what resource do you use to list the stocks in an ETF?

i'm not sure what you wish to do.
you can make a list of symbols and import them to a watchlist. but a column study interacts with each symbol, in each row, separetely, it can't read values from other rows in the list.

a study can include other symbols and read price data for them. but the more you add, the longer formulas get when comparing values from all those variables.

if you want to have formulas interact with data from many symbols, it might be better to do in excel. i am not sure if there are limits to how many rtd formulas can be used in 1 file.

you could create an excel file,
..create a sheet for each ETF and the stocks you wish to monitor.
..pull in desired data with...
what resource do you use to list the stocks in an ETF?

i'm not sure what you wish to do.
you can make a list of symbols and import them to a watchlist. but a column study interacts with each symbol, in each row, separetely, it can't read values from other rows in the list.

a study can include other symbols and read price data for them. but the more you add, the longer formulas get when comparing values from all those variables.

if you want to have formulas interact with data from many symbols, it might be better to do in excel. i am not sure if there are limits to how many rtd formulas can be used in 1 file.

you could create an excel file,
..create a sheet for each ETF and the stocks you wish to monitor.
..pull in desired data with RTD() formulas.
..have 1 sheet setup as a summary page , a dashboard, to keep an eye on.

a post with links on using excel to pull in stock data.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...ters-in-my-market-watch-list.7988/#post-76614

i found this site that seems to list all the stocks in an ETF.
XLF , example
https://www.sectorspdr.com/sectorspdr/sector/xlf
11 etfs list at bottom page
pick one.
click on portfolio , in row of gray buttons
https://www.sectorspdr.com/sectorspdr/sector/xlf/portfolio
lists 10 stocks per page. can click next to see more.

Solution

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.