"Squared Moving Average"

M

muztem

No but it would just be a matter of playing with the settings to get the clouds to fit. He provides plenty of samples of what it should look like in this forum posts I linked.
also on your post its 15-2-25-30 but in the settings 12-15-18-21? which one is better with es do you have idea?

B

BlueRaven

IS IT ONLY FOR FUTURES ?
The original author only intended to use it on /RTY. I've been playing with it on /ES.

To use it on a variety of instruments it would need some kind of auto adjusting/tuning setup, possibly off of ATR on a regular chart.

Every stock would need different settings and I'm not sure you would ever get a consistent performance.

B

BlueRaven

also on your post its 15-2-25-30 but in the settings 12-15-18-21? which one is better with es do you have idea?
I haven't done enough testing. I have it on 20,30,30,40 right no on /ES.

with limited back testing on the tickcharts I don't know if I will ever have enough info to get a good feel for it. Also the market from feb-apr was too erratic for this indicator and just totally overran it. So even on one instrument it probably needs some sort of auto adjust to be reliable.

T

tradebyday

Correct, this is a tool for day traders to utilize on a single instrument consistently. If you wonder if it works on something other than /ES or /RTY, then download it, play with the settings and determine if it is the right tool for you. Doesn't mater if you're given the perfect settings if it doesn't mach your trading style

T

tradegeek

2019 Donor
@BlueRaven Thank you for converting this to TOS and bringing attention to the author of the thread at future.io. It looks like a promising tool for support and resistance. In the uptrend it looked great but I had some separation between the two bands in the downtrend. Adjusting the numbers in the settings solved this. There are areas where the bands didn't look as neat and would overlap but I realize those are usually areas of non-trending chop.