Sending alerts from script

M

max

VIP
Hi! Have one more question about TOS. I made a script and added the alert. It looks it works fine - I can hear the bell sound if I close to my laptop. The same script is running on the mobile TOS. But:
1. I don't get any notification from mobile script
2. I would like to get also text alert. I added everything in the settings and it works fine if I add the alert manually. But not from the alert in the script. Is it possible in general to get notification from script?
Thanks!

mfsteve

mfsteve

VIP
I also have this question. I'm using the latest MacOS and TOS Desktop, latest iOS and TOS mobile.

I get the desktop alert but nothing on the iPhone (running TOS Mobile).

Update: I contacted TOS support about this. They sent me instructions on enabling notifications in the desktop app and on the phone (which I already had in place). So, still no joy getting an alert() from thinkscript on the laptop sent to the iPhone. I am giving up on the idea.

Last edited:
T

TMB70

@BenTen
Hello. I have a similar questions regarding alerts but wasn't sure where to post them.
I see that you have helped with various scripts that include sound alerts.
I borrowed one and created the following in an attempt to create an audible reference for when "the tape" speeds up.
-------------
# Ticker for audible signal as volume increases
# based on_volume contracts being filled more quickly

def tick = tick_count - tick_count[1];

# Alerts
Alert(tick, " ", Alert.Bar, Sound.Chimes);
---------------
This code produces a ding each time the next candle starts. I am currently watching it with a 21T count.
Q1) Is there a way to have the sound produced each time a contract is filled instead of when is reaches a count of 21 and starts the next candle?
Q2) Are there any other sounds that can be implemented besides the standard bell, ding, ring, or chimes? I would prefer a tick or click sound.

Thanks,
TMB70

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@XeoNoX That tutorial is only for when price breaks a certain level that you draw with your drawing tools. It doesn't support custom scripts.

X

XeoNoX

Q1) Is there a way to have the sound produced each time a contract is filled instead of when is reaches a count of 21 and starts the next candle?

In theory every time a contract fills it produces a volume candle, therefore u can set it to make a alert every time a volume adds +1... (dont know what you are trying to do but it would constantly be going off on most instruments/tickers)

Q2) Are there any other sounds that can be implemented besides the standard bell, ding, ring, or chimes? I would prefer a tick or click sound.

if you have a study and the actual ticker/symbol/instrument loaded on your chart with the study loaded you can get a alert, however in doing this as you have already found out you are out of luck if you are trying to change from the stock standard TOS sounds from within a study by itself as you are restricted to using the 4 or 5 stock ones..

there is a tad bit trickier and more of a " limited workaround" but you can add scan to watch-list, create alert when symbol gets added (the scan would have to meet your criteria and be labeled as "TRUE") for it to trigger, then u can also choose custom sounds from the menu..... unfortunately for tos the scans inside the watch-lists only refresh every couple minutes so if your expecting live tick by tick alerts to be sent as sound your out of luck..