Scan yesterday's stocks (or specific timeframe)?

A

amdtrader

Hi Team,

new to thinkorswim, given i am living on the other side of the world (when US market closes, its 12am here).

Hence will need to scan for the stocks in a specific period (date) , mostly yesterday/day before ...
As I need to find highest gainers % and high vol stocks, but locked in specific time frame

Can anyone guide what to code to write ? it will be inside (thinkSript Editor) right ?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alphasandstorm

I have this same question. I do believe this is possible but I haven't found anything about how to do it.

H

HighBredCloud

VIP
Why not just set your TOS time to Eastern Time and scan in real time?

A

alphasandstorm

I'm interested in being able to looks for setups in the past so I can backtest and test scans.
So, if I'm interested in the second week of March 2020 - how can I run a scan on thinkorswim that will return all the stocks doing x,y and z for the morning of the first trading day of that week etc.

H

HighBredCloud

VIP
I'm interested in being able to looks for setups in the past so I can backtest and test scans.
So, if I'm interested in the second week of March 2020 - how can I run a scan on thinkorswim that will return all the stocks doing x,y and z for the morning of the first trading day of that week etc.
That is not possible...YOU can however, scan on the DAILY timeframe just for the day of.

A

alphasandstorm

So, any day in the past? How do you set that up?
Or not in the past at all...

A

apollo23

Inside TOS platform, on the top right hand corner is the OnDemand menu and when loaded, you can pick and day and time to do your research.

Hope this help.

Am learning as well