RSI Divergence Indicator with Scanner for ThinkorSwim

3AMBH

3AMBH

2019 Donor
VIP
Thanks for posting Indicator. I put a 15 Exponential MA overlay on the indicator and I think it enhances it.

J

john3

2019 Donor
Would somebody please make it so that it shows all of the divergences? It only shows the recent one but doesn't show other divergences in the past. Thank you.

A

Ahmar824

VIP
Can some make the chart to show lines of divergence like in this video for thinkorswim.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@KhanhNguyen it will only display the newest divergence. It doesn’t show all.

K

KhanhNguyen

VIP
@KhanhNguyen it will only display the newest divergence. It doesn’t show all.
@BenTen: I notice that the script also shows a false divergence where price makes higher, and RSI also makes higher high as you can see in picture #4. Is there a way to modify the script so that it only plots the dotted divergence where the price and RSI indicator moves the opposite direction?

K

KhanhNguyen

VIP
Oh, sorry, it's really ordinary: daily time frame, scanning all stocks. With no other conditions. I thought maybe there's something in the code preventing using this condition for less than "within 7 bars"? It seems strange that there would be hundreds of hits for "within 7 bars" and zero for "within 6 bars".
I have the same problem. Can you figure out how to get it within 3 bars??

Tradervic

Tradervic

VIP
I am having trouble using the scan. Can someone please explain step by step how to set up the scan with this RSI divergence. I followed the instructions but must be doing something wrong and nothing comes up. Thanks in advance.

J

jagomez75

Hi, just did this:

If you wish to make this a Dynamic WatchList, save this scan with a name such as
RSI_With_Div_WL then in your Gadgets box click the little gear icon, locate the name of the
scan you just saved and click it. As equities match the scan criteria they will populate
the list.

But the study doesn't appears, what can I do?

K

kelvin

VIP
I am not a coder and try my best to add a alert on this script but didn't work, can anyone figure out what mistake I made as below:

Alert(condition = pivotLow, text = "Buy", "alert type" = Alert.BAR, sound = Sound.chimes);

Alert(condition = pivotHigh, text = "Sell", "alert type" = Alert.BAR, sound = Sound.chimes);

K

kelvin

VIP
I like this RSI Divergence Indicator very much, and try to add a alert script to it by myself but failed, and anyone do me a favor?

G

Gus

@BenTen I'm new to this site and before I ask my question I want to thank you and the others that contribute, this site is a godsend!

I've been looking for a SCAN like this for years but to no avail. I was able to successfully copy & paste code into studies however I was not able to utilize it for scan purposes even after following the directions contained within regarding manually entering "RSI_With_Divergence" from drop down. There is no such option. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!

television

television

@BenTen I'm new to this site and before I ask my question I want to thank you and the others that contribute, this site is a godsend!

I've been looking for a SCAN like this for years but to no avail. I was able to successfully copy & paste code into studies however I was not able to utilize it for scan purposes even after following the directions contained within regarding manually entering "RSI_With_Divergence" from drop down. There is no such option. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance!
Yep, im on the same boat brotha
Darn thing will not spit out any tickers when i scan

be sure to let me know if you ever figure it out...

V

VBUSA

@BenTen Could the code be converted to plot on price chart? Thanks

D

depechemode

@mashume would you please be kind enough to help us out? We wan to get an intraday, dynamic watchlist that will alert us when a divergence has been found in a particular basket of stocks? This would be helpful because divergences on the 1 minute chart occur fast and it would be difficult to find them manually and still be able to take advantage of them.

M

mashume

VIP
@mashume would you please be kind enough to help us out? We wan to get an intraday, dynamic watchlist that will alert us when a divergence has been found in a particular basket of stocks? This would be helpful because divergences on the 1 minute chart occur fast and it would be difficult to find them manually and still be able to take advantage of them.

I'll look into it.

Do you have an example of a basket of stocks in which a divergence happened? or a basket you wish to examine for divergences?

-mashume

K

kelvin

VIP
stock_name daily_divergent 30Minutes_divergent 15minutes_divergent 5minutes_divergenct 1minutes_divergent

SRNE (RED FOR TOP) NONE (GREEN FOR BOTTOM) (GREEN FOR BOTTOM)

really appreciate if you could make a watch list like this, or add some alert to remind us, or make a scan so we can use to find out some stock is under divergent.

D

depechemode

I'll look into it.

Do you have an example of a basket of stocks in which a divergence happened? or a basket you wish to examine for divergences?

-mashume
Thank you for taking the time to look into it, sir.
The core of my strategy revolves around entering bounces (reversals) off key levels. These key levels are derived from a weekly volume profile (whether that is the Point of Controls or large spikes of volume at a specific price). The levels are not enough by themselves. That is why I utilize RSI divergence (1 minute, 2 minute, 3 minute, 5 minute and 15 minute RSI) as confluence ALONG with volumetric levels. This is a proven strategy that works for scalping. The only issue is that I have a basket of 20 stocks and that I watch and its super difficult to be constantly looking for setups (having an indicator that uses set parameters to output results would be a game-changer since I find myself missing many setups [there is a very small window to catch these reversals with your eye])
Once again, thank you. Just ask if you need any clarification.

D

depechemode

I'll look into it.

-mashume
plot scan = pivotLow is true within 2 bars then 1 else 0
I tried slapping this at the end of the indicator but it doesn't work ;(