• Get $30 off VIP with code SUMMER30. Ends July 27. Happy trading!

Raghee Horner VWAP Max Tool Indicator for ThinkorSwim

ljones

I'm curious to know how Simpler Trading came up with their VWAP Max Tool Package indicator for ThinkorSwim. How does TOS calculate the VWAP line? It looks like they are starting each day from the open rather than summing from the beginning of the chart's period. Is this a correct interpretation? I am interested in VWAP on the daily chart. I find the Anchored VWAP is lining up with hand calculations but deviating big time from the TOS VWAP.

Quick Update!!!!

DO NOT buy the VWAP Max Tool from Simpler Trading or Raghee Horner. It's the same as one of the Anchored VWAP indicator that Ben posted in this thread.

Additionally, you can even use the script below.

Code:
# n Bars VWAP
# Nube 6.24.19
#

input length = 20;
input price  = vwap;

def p = if IsNaN(price) then p[1] else price;
def v = if IsNaN(volume) then v[1] else volume;

plot VWAP = if IsNaN(price) then Double.NaN else
             Sum(p * v, length) / Sum(v, length);

Last edited:

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@ljones That's correct. VWAP will start fresh at the beginning of each day. You can find more info about it here. The Anchored VWAP indicator will allow you to use it on different timeframes.

Last edited:

Volatility Trading Range

VTR is a momentum indicator that shows if a stock is overbought or oversold based on its Weekly and Monthly average volatility trading range.

Download the indicator

Slip

Are you aware of a vwap for TOS that works on a range bar chart? The standard vwap seems to work only on minute charts. Thanks!

Last edited:

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Slip VWAP doesn't seem to support Range Bars at the moment. I just tested out on ThinkorSwim and it's not working for me either.

Last edited:

adii800

Are you aware of a vwap for TOS that works on a range bar chart? The standard vwap seems to work only on minute charts. Thanks!
Yup, I've seen demand for such an indicator, and tweaked the built-in VWAP indicator to function on range charts. I'll probably post a thread about it tonight :)

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator