Question about running a scan on a specific stock

Ictheeuss

Hello everyone. Had a quick question about running a scan on a specific stock or etf. If I wanted to run a scan on the spy and have it alert me when it meets that scan criteria, how would I go about doing that? I've tried creating a watchlist with spy and qqq in it and running that scan on that watchlist specifically, but it never alerts. Even when I can visually see that it should have when I review the chart. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am I missing something? Thank you.

MerryDay

VIP
I maintain a buy the dip scan that I run against my small watchlist of strongly up-trending stocks.

zmkFuTB.png

1. Click on scan in and then click on the watchlist to be scanned. Save Scan
  2. Click on the "hamburger icon" that is located under the scan button.
    HIKwnjU.png
  3. Click alert when scan results change
These alerts can be delayed by 3-7min which doesn't affect my strategy as I am a swing trader scanning for higher aggregation conditions looking for longer-term events.

Last edited:

Ictheeuss

I maintain a buy the dip scan that I run against my small watchlist of strongly up-trending stocks.

zmkFuTB.png

1. Click on scan in and then click on the watchlist to be scanned. Save Scan
  2. Click on the "hamburger icon" that is located under the scan button.
    HIKwnjU.png
  3. Click alert when scan results change
These alerts can be delayed by 3-7min which doesn't affect my strategy as I am a swing trader scanning for higher aggregation conditions looking for longer-term events.
Thank you for the reply and instructions. What I failed to realize is the delay. That might be what is throwing the timing off with my scan. Much appreciated.