Poor Performance Recently in ToS, anyone else?

I've noticed recently, specifically this past Friday and today at the open I placed trades right after the opening bell and the system got super laggy. It was pretty bad that it did not honor my stop order Friday and I took a decent loss. Hey it happens but that is why I use hard stops to prevent those.

It happened again today where I placed an order 9:33 am and noticed I never got a fill, but a few minutes later I see in my active trader the fill occurred. I did contact support Friday and again today. Spoke to 3 people, one did not know, second said they were having some issues Friday AM but was resolved, and then today said it was my internet/ping to their server (I am hard wired on a fast business network).

Has anyone else had issues in ToS? Is there something that I can do as it is a bit frustrating.

Is it just me or is things changing at TOS. I don't get support anymore, no one answers the phone like they used too. The OnDemand does not work, and I lost data this morning in a trade that cost me $300. I am not happy with them right now.
My data flow may have been spotty at times today, or maybe it was just the market... One thing I did notice was a VERY odd Active Trader ladder for a VXX Put where the Last price was in the middle of the prices, the Bids were almost all above Last and almost all of the Asks were below the Bids and Last price... And no trades showing up in Time and Sales... Something was messed up due to the massive illogical spread... The Call I was watching at the same time appeared to be working as expected...

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

I lost the internals data around 11:30 a.m . $tick, a/d line, etc for the rest of the trading day on TOS. And my trade fills were coming in late on Schwab Street Smart Edge Monday and was repaired by this afternoon today. They claim problems with the exchanges???

Last edited:
My friend who has a lot more experience than me told me I need to only have TOS open on my iMac. I was running Tradeovate while running TOS. he said the delay was from my memory or ram and not from TOS. I set up another pc just for Tradovate to prevent this issue. Had a very profitable day despite the snaffooo. Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum. The indicators I have incorporated from this site has greatly increased my ability to trade.

I remember now that the VXX Call I was in seemed to be working fine until I went to exit and had problems exiting, even hitting Cancel All and Flatten Now, which turned a winning trade into my only loss of the day... My Limit never tripped, my Stop Loss was ignored, and finally managed to get out just below my Stop Loss... Strange part is that the Limit and Stop Loss are supposedly stored on the TOS servers... All that being said, I guess I was having more issues than I originally stated...

Sorry, no problems here. Have cable internet with 200 MBs service. It usually is pulling 210 - 220 MBs, so more than advertised. New Asus Zenbook with 16 GB ram. Accurate charts and good fills. Lots of charts and scripts running too. Other apps running multiple tabs, browser tabs, etc. I never clear garbage, never reboot, never reload TOS. Knock on wood, now TOS will go down on me.... :)

I often will have TOS open as well as a browser such as firefox with numerous tabs open. I realize the resources numerous open tabs in firefox uses, but what about saved scan/watchlists that are fairly code heavy in TOS? Same with numerous charts open with lots of indicators. I guess what I am asking is should I leave my watchlists populated during the day when I don't need input from them with simple things like indices as opposed to scan/watchlists with lots of code to free up computer resources?

I often will have TOS open as well as a browser such as firefox with numerous tabs open. I realize the resources numerous open tabs in firefox uses, but what about saved scan/watchlists that are fairly code heavy in TOS? Same with numerous charts open with lots of indicators. I guess what I am asking is should I leave my watchlists populated during the day when I don't need input from them with simple things like indices as opposed to scan/watchlists with lots of code to free up computer resources?

@hockeycoachdoug How many Studies you have saved isn't an issue... How many are on a single chart is, however... Just delete the symbol and hit Enter and updating will be disabled until you enter another symbol... I do this with quite a few resources in TOS as I just described in another topic earlier... HERE is the link...

I lost prolly a couple hours of sleep due to stress and trying to figure out if I accidently sold an option that I got assigned to as all of a sudden my account was negative thousands of dollars, as well as having a reg t call. Checked all my history 60 days back couldn't see anything. Wake up this morning and check the tos mobile platform and upon logging it I see it says that they are having issues and that some things may not display correctly. I first noticed it late at night last night, which is not the kind of stress u want to deal when ur trying to get a goods nights sleep, especially knowing that the next day is Sunday and its impossible to contact tos for help lol. I don't know just hope they get it fixed by Monday morning.

@westsail5000 You have probably already received this, but just in case you or other members haven't... This message was posted multiple times Sunday evening...

nOUTfqg.png