Point and Figure Chart (PnF) in ThinkorSwim

Johnny Cash

VIP
Hey guys, please do you have an script that show price level of Point and Figure Charts in ThinkorSwim? I saw Point and figure (P&F) charts in stockcharts.com. Do we have some indicator similar to it? or near equivalent?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
@Johnny Cash Please go to the Tutorials and look in The Universe of Thinkscript. If it's been done, that would be the first place I would look. Once inside, use the search function, using both "Point" and "Figure" as key words. Don't give up too easy, sometimes you have to dig around in there!

13:00 Mobius: I went through the Market Profile phase, Point and Figure and several others some time ago when it was still new. Personally found no value in them. But I admit with my background what I use isn't appropriate for most.

markos

VIP
@Johnny Cash Please go to the Tutorials and look in The Universe of Thinkscript. If it's been done, that would be the first place I would look. Once inside, use the search function, using both "Point" and "Figure" as key words. Don't give up too easy, sometimes you have to dig around in there!

13:00 Mobius: I went through the Market Profile phase, Point and Figure and several others some time ago when it was still new. Personally found no value in them. But I admit with my background what I use isn't appropriate for most.

Solution

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

gapcap1

Back in the day, before the day, (early70's) I used to keep P&F charts by hand. Determining an instrument's price objective via the P&F count was old news back then, so you can imagine how "novel" that technique is today!

lucky

VIP
Point and Figure is about supply and demand. The best must book written on Point & Figure is by Thomas Dorsey. You can read Point and Figure Charting 2013.

I have read many books on P&F Thomas Dorsey is the best.

Last edited:

Chelita72

VIP
Hi guys, a while ago I entered this site, but I have never consulted anything. I am looking for some script on the Point and Figure tool, to install in TOS. Help me please?

Volatility Trading Range

VTR is a momentum indicator that shows if a stock is overbought or oversold based on its Weekly and Monthly average volatility trading range.

Download the indicator