Plotting tick chart moving average on 1min chart

F

FlashX999

Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to plot a moving average (for example an exponential moving average) from a tick chart (let's assume 100 ticks) on a 1min chart?
Basically what I am looking for is that the tick chart moving average price of let's say 10:01am is plotted on my 10:01am candle on my 1min chart.

I would love to hear back from you guys.
I appreciate the help.

Best,
FlashX

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
Here is my tick chart with the 9 exponential moving average. Didn't have any problem adding moving average to a tick chart. But I'm not sure if you can overlay them like you mentioned.

F

FlashX999

Thanks for your reply but that's not exactly what I meant.
I want to be using a 1minute chart and plot the ema of a tick chart.

Just as a side note: a 200ema on a 1minute chart is NOT the same as a 200ema on a 100 tick chart for example!

F

FlashX999

Here is my tick chart with the 9 exponential moving average. Didn't have any problem adding moving average to a tick chart. But I'm not sure if you can overlay them like you mentioned.

In other words: How can I display THIS exact ema that you are showing on the 1minute chart?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@FlashX999 I understand your question but I don't think I can be able to help. I'm not sure if that's possible. Unless someone else on here have a solution.

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
@mc01439 Now I see why you use tick charts on /CL.! Thanks!

tenacity11

tenacity11

VIP

very interesting looking chart @BenTen. Going to test this out on my 3x etfs..Thanks for showing.