PivotAlert - catch the setups

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
One of the biggest problems for me is tracking the proper entry for the setup intraday. Market moves, there are too many tickers too watch, too many things to take care of. So I made this simple upper chart indicator: add it to chart, setup the line under/over the setup is valid and take care of other thing. Once the setup happens (vwap and pivot condition) you will get alert and audible ring.

The thick purple line is the pivot line you set yourself. And big arrows are when the alert is generated

W

WIZARD

Hey, thanks for sharing your setup. I'm pretty interested in trying this out, but it seems that it doesnt work in afterhours/non-trading hours? I tried changing the start time to 9:30 since that's market open for me, but I don't see the pivot line?

I also see the alert as a chart label but no lines or signals painted. I'm currently using a 5 minute chart if that helps. In addition, on some tickers I see a number after the Alert (chart label), not sure what that means.. Any help and information would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
S

San

VIP
@skynetgen, Added to Wizard comment, Can you share "Volume_Adjvol_Skynetgen" indicator...

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
Hey, thanks for sharing your setup. I'm pretty interested in trying this out, but it seems that it doesnt work in afterhours/non-trading hours? I tried changing the start time to 9:30 since that's market open for me, but I don't see the pivot line?

I also see the alert as a chart label but no lines or signals painted. I'm currently using a 5 minute chart if that helps. In addition, on some tickers I see a number after the Alert (chart label), not sure what that means.. Any help and information would be appreciated :)
The number is how many times alert was fired.

Yeah its only for intraday trading. You have to adjust pivot line in setting for each stock . For example my KPTI pivot point was 10.6 which I setup premarket . If it clears it - it would be good long if stays under - good short (its also takes into account vwp)- signal itself is generated when vwap, pivot line, time (you can setup when alert is active - I dont trade first 15-30 minutes) and price pivot are in accord
It just alert mechanism to help you follow up with the thesis. This indicator does not make thesis by itself

p.s. Also you can turn on/off in settings it when signal is no longer necessary (otherwise ringing can get quite annoying)

Last edited:
J

Jabbo

VIP
Good morning: The ATR that you are using in the exhibit what is the name and the link? Thank you

S

San

VIP
@skynetgen, Thanks for sharing, If any specifc guidline to follow this indicator please let us know.