Percent Stocks Above Moving Average for ThinkorSwim

2sureshk

Is there a chart/$Symbol available on TOS where we can see 50-60% of stocks above 21 SMA. This will help in taking long good place to take long. Any ideas or indicator details appreciated. Please do not post inputs as to search on google or other sites as I already looked.

Last edited by a moderator:

HighBredCloud

VIP
What time frame are you referring to? Here's what I know about TOS especially when you're scanning for crossovers...They are always late by at least 2-3 candles. So by the time you find stocks above the 21 SMA...odds are you're late to the party. What I found to work rather well is using a HULL MA scan on a daily chart at the end of the day...then making a watchlist from there for the next day.

In TC2000, I use the ticker T2108 and it charts the percentage of stocks trading above or below their 40 Day Moving Average.

Is their a default study in Thinkorswim for something similar? Nice market breadth indicator.

Last edited:

Moose

These symbols for the 50, 100 and 200 MA. enter $SPXA50R for the percentage of S&P 500 stocks trading above their 50-day moving average, $SPXA100R for the percentage of stocks trading above their 100-day moving average, and $SPXA200R for the percentage of stocks trading above their 200-day moving average.

These symbols for the 50, 100 and 200 MA. enter $SPXA50R for the percentage of S&P 500 stocks trading above their 50-day moving average, $SPXA100R for the percentage of stocks trading above their 100-day moving average, and $SPXA200R for the percentage of stocks trading above their 200-day moving average.

perfect, thank you.