Overlapping lower studies RSI, Williams%, and OBV

Glefdar

Hello all,

This is my first post here, just started lurking last week and decided that I would love to try out an indicator that HuffMac90 recommended in an old thread, but I'm stuck on how to add this into a TOS lower chart:

Basis is utilizing a RSI (8, 70, 30 (green zone)) with a 20 & 80 (yellow zone) and 10 & 90 (red zone), then a Williams%r set to (8, -20,-70), and an On Balance Volume (OBV).

In his example, he showed this lower chart:

pVxqFLQ.jpg

I just started using Thinkscript a few weeks ago for very basic customization of columns in my scanners, modifying scanners, etc. but have not been able to figure out how to write code for a custom lower chart in TOS that would replicate the above. Can someone help with figuring out how to create an equivalent to this chart in the above screenshot?

Last edited:
Looks like a bunch of lower studies being stacked together into one section. This would create scaling issues. I don't recommend it.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Thanks for your reply. I also had read that it would be necessary, when combining lower studies into one section, to find one zoom level or scale that seems to work reliably and then not change that, because of the scaling problem.

I read that using relative threshold triggers (like if the values' relationships to each other from the different studies are within a certain percentage, give different weighted scores that can add up to a total of 1 to confirm a crossover) could be a solution, but I'm not looking to do something that complicated. I was intending to combine this with other indicators because I understand using it by itself would give unreliable results.

PS: I found a YouTube video that answered my question about how to combine the indicators into one section:

Could someone please help me to combine these 3 indicators(FW,MACD,REVERSE RSI) into one script? I'm trying to see if I can get the indicators lines stay put instead of moving up/down as when we scroll back and forth. Thanks

1)FW_DPO_MOBO

Code:
declare lower;

input price = CLOSE;
input colorNormLength = 3;
input dpoLength = 14;
input moboDisplace = 0;
input moboLength = 10;
input numDevDn = -0.8;
input numDevUp = 0.8;
input coloredMobo = Yes;
input coloredFill = Yes;
input breakArrows = Yes;
input moboShowMid = No;

plot DPO = Double.NaN;
plot MidlineP = Double.NaN;
plot UpperBandP = Double.NaN;
plot LowerBandP = Double.NaN;
plot Zeroline = Double.NaN;
plot BreakOutArrow = Double.NaN;
plot BreakDownArrow = Double.NaN;

2)MACD
Code:
declare lower;

input fastLength = 12;
input slowLength = 26;
input MACDLength = 9;
input averageType = AverageType.EXPONENTIAL;
input showBreakoutSignals = no;

plot Value = MovingAverage(averageType, close, fastLength) - MovingAverage(averageType, close, slowLength);
plot Avg = MovingAverage(averageType, Value, MACDLength);

plot Diff = Value - Avg;
plot ZeroLine = 0;

plot UpSignal = if Diff crosses above ZeroLine then ZeroLine else Double.NaN;
plot DownSignal = if Diff crosses below ZeroLine then ZeroLine else Double.NaN;

UpSignal.SetHiding(!showBreakoutSignals);
DownSignal.SetHiding(!showBreakoutSignals);

Value.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));
Avg.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(8));
Diff.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(5));
Diff.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
Diff.SetLineWeight(3);
Diff.DefineColor("Positive and Up", Color.GREEN);
Diff.DefineColor("Positive and Down", Color.DARK_GREEN);
Diff.DefineColor("Negative and Down", Color.RED);
Diff.DefineColor("Negative and Up", Color.DARK_RED);
Diff.AssignValueColor(if Diff >= 0 then if Diff > Diff[1] then Diff.color("Positive and Up") else Diff.color("Positive and Down") else if Diff < Diff[1] then Diff.color("Negative and Down") else Diff.color("Negative and Up"));
ZeroLine.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(0));
UpSignal.SetDefaultColor(Color.UPTICK);
UpSignal.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.ARROW_UP);
DownSignal.SetDefaultColor(Color.DOWNTICK);
DownSignal.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.ARROW_DOWN);

3)REVERSE ENGINEERING RSI
Code:
input length = 14;
input price = close;
input rsiValue = 50.0;
input smoothingType = {default Wilders, EMA};

def coeff = rsiValue / (100 - rsiValue);
def chg = price - price[1];
def diff;
switch (smoothingType) {
case Wilders:
    diff =  (length - 1) * (WildersAverage(Max(-chg, 0), length) * coeff - WildersAverage(Max(chg, 0), length));
case EMA:
    diff =  (length - 1) * (ExpAverage(Max(-chg, 0), length) * coeff - ExpAverage(Max(chg, 0), length)) / 2;
}

def value = price + if diff >= 0 then diff else diff / coeff;
plot RevEngRSI = compoundValue(1, value[1], Double.NaN);

RevEngRSI.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(8));

Last edited:
I wanted to know if it is at all possible to write a strategy and a scan for two different indicators that are noncongruent scales. IE; 3/10 Oscillator slow line crossing above a StochasticSlow K. Is this possible?