Options Volume Histogram Study

F

Fedegrosso

Hi,

Is there a already built in study in TOS where in the lower panel you can see a histogram of daily options activity?

Something like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
You have to manually input those data and turn it into a visual script.

D

DBSully

Ha - you are following the good Doctor on twitter as well. His thinkscript charts are great - I love how clean they are.

I have been working on a version of this, and am getting closer. I will share as soon as I make some progress.

In the meantime, there are others on this site curious as well. Check out:

Simple Options Volume Indicator
and
Option Volume / Open Interest Indicator

I can't seem to get the SPX data to pull lately, and some of the thinkscript code (GetATMOption) doesn't seem to work as intended. But getting closer....

C

codydog

tos' options data can be quirky, I have trouble with amzn and a few other names.

The doc you pulled those charts from has some good insights but because of the constant nagging about sharing his work, he is stopping the shares now

D

DBSully

Yeah - he likes to keep a sense of mystery about those charts. I never reply, as I can see that it frustrates him. Not surprised to see that he has stopped sharing. He's still a great follow, as he has some innovative ideas and shows what can be done on thinkscript.

C

codydog

i agree 200% with you, but find it odd that tos, who wants to forward leaning in options, isnt rolling out stuff like what he does and very limited interest in tos' thinkscript room on stuff like this.

Not being negative on anyone, just disappointed.