Opening Range Breakout (ORB) Scanner for ThinkorSwim

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@15minofpham Not sure what you mean by that

Last edited:
voE9g9E.png"][upl-image-preview
url=
UPL-IMAGE-PREVIEW>.png
<UPL-IMAGE-PREVIEW url="
AT9fD40.png

The first column shows the % above the OR but the calculations are off. The second column is yours but it only colors the column green. Maybe I'm doing something wrong on my end but I was hoping to have the column show the pct.

Attachments

• UPL-IMAGE-PREVIEW>.png
    UPL-IMAGE-PREVIEW>.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 320
  • UPL-IMAGE-PREVIEW>.png
    UPL-IMAGE-PREVIEW>.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 91
  • AT9fD40.png
    AT9fD40.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
@15minofpham The code I sent you only show the status of the ORB. So red = its currently breaking down, green = its currently breaking out, and orange = its inside the range.

Last edited:
@BenTen Ok. I'll try to figure out how to add a code to show the pct too. Thank you for the help!

Last edited:
@netarchitech
rFamO39.png

I missed NBY but that's okay. How can I adjust it so that I do not miss an opurtunity like that?

Last edited:
Any way to run this on just a watchlist of stocks? or have it run constantly with that green or red indicicator on the watchlist?

yea i just found it lol didt look around first.. thanks for the fast response though
thats exactly what i was looking for

hi guys, didn t get to test this yet though was wondering can you set the range to open after the print of the first 5 min candle? or can I edit to 3/5 mins as this is usually with other technical what I look for the result Im looking for int he image below, mind you PEP may not have been the most volatile for this to show clearly.

Something like showing below:

thanks all!

@thealb In the indicator’s settings, change the ending period of the ORB. By default its set to 10:00 (market open at 9:30 so thats why its called 30 min ORB). If you want 5 ORB then change it to 935.

The problem with watchlists in ToS is that the selected one (the one showing in linked charts) doesn't show any other color, but blue (not red, orange, or green). This is for custom quotes (watchlist scripts) like VWAP/EMA/ORB/MACD.

Code could be added to generate a symbol or character that's visible even if the background color is blocked when the row is clicked. I see 1.0 in fields with different background colors, when it could have been -1 for red, 0 for neutral, and +1 for green.

S109.png

Last edited:
The indicator is showing bubbles when bubbles are disabled for ORLriskUp and ORLriskDn. This reduces the already limited screen space.

The code could be edited to comment out the pertinent lines (better than nothing), but is not an ideal solution.

S108.png

Last edited:
@BenTen You are certainly welcome :) Happy to help if I can...
my TOS doesn't have the ORL2 and ORH2 - both are there with an "Ext" ending... and the code won't accept as you guys have so kindly provided... has TOS changed or is there a new import file with these most recent updates ?

@OldBallz Can you provide the ticker you’re looking at? Maybe better if you can include a screenshot as well.

@OldBallz Why are you using the condition "and"? You're literally trying to look for stocks that are breaking out and breakdown at the same time which is impossible. And did you add the "ShowToday" only into the scanner?

thanks I'll take a look .. of course I will put 2 scans together 1: For Breakout and the other Breakdown ...